Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadheadhq avoid at all cost!

DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

So, if this offends anyone, maybe SE can remove it?

I've been feeling the desire to write a blog here recently, but didn't want to rant just for the sake of ranting. So, I was just thinking about all the harmful and useless products I just threw away, and figured this needs to be said for the record.

Dreadheadhq. Stay away from them. Let's pretend their products WERE, helpful. Do we really need to pay for sea salt when you can get it from other sources for far less cheaper? Well, I was expecting to go a lot farther on this paragraph, but their sea salt is about the only thing that has helped my hair. I still use it, only because it works and I payed good money for it. Will I buy it again? No. I live a nice drive from the ocean, so come summer, all I need to do is go to the beach, and fill up a couple gallons to take home and be set for a long time. There is an endless supply of "locking accelerator" covering most of the earth. Okay, so maybe not endless, but more than the entire human race could ever come close to using.

dreadheadhq is capitalizing on a natural process by charging ridiculous sums of money. $60 may seem like a small fee, but really, when it comes down to it, we are just filling the hand of greed which portrays peace and love through mass produced paranoia using pictures of hair that looks like dreadlocks. By time we realize what's really going on, we can't even get a refund. Or our time back. Or in some cases, our hair.

I started my dreads about 5 months ago, and unfortunately used dreadheadhq's harmful kit. I almost cut my hair, hair was falling out more than I was comfortable with, and my hair was really greasy and oily. I didn't wash for weeks at a time, and I found dreadlockssite.com. Now I wash with baking soda and vinegar three times a week, and am not using wax. I actually need to take up SE's advice and use waxbgone to get the last bit of wax out of my hair. My hair has made more improvement since I stopped using wax and other harmful products, than it has in the first four months.

To wash with baking soda and vinegar, get your hair wet, put baking soda on your scalp, let it sit and do what it does for ten minutes, then rinse. Now use a little bit of vinegar, diluted by water. (I hope this is right, correct my ignorance if this info is false.) Then rinse right away.

updated by @drs: 02/14/15 02:08:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i know the accelerators the biggest scam 10 dollars for a spoonful of salt? we did the math and estimated to can make 389 bottles of accelerator for 10 dollars

u know what else? if your in america i may have seen the anti tobacco comercial with the capy piss and dog poop saying ingredients of each can be foind in tobacco?

well the 1 extracted from piss is added to the accelerator..when i was googling the ingredients of thier products and saw that the only thing i could think of was it was attempting to really match the content of the ocean including all the people whove peed in it

(actualy for some reason the chemical extracted from urines in many cosmetics..not surprising sioine the natural flavor in vanila ice cream is a beavers anal gland and the natural color in ..um u forget what was ground up bugs..people who want our money think they can get away with selling is all sorts of nasty crap

anywho..

u can get xtremely high quality gourmet sea salts for a dollar a pound in bulk

thats some of the most high quality i can get im sire dreadheadhq gets low quality crap far cheaper

dreadheadhq ships it in a bottle with no water just a couple spoonfuls of salt and add your own water so its easy to see its a couple grams at most

10 dollars gets u 4535.92 grams 17.06 grams per tablespoon

266 tablespoons

most have estimated its between 1 and 2 tablespoons of salt in the bottle (wich makes sence for a 3.5% salinity)

so if you used the highest quality gourmet salt available you can make 100 to 266 bottles for 10 bucks

if you use cheap stuff you can make much more

oh and a couple years ago someone posted a house for sale listing that was johhny cleans house keep in mind its just him and his girlfreind living there ..10 bedrooms 8 1/2 baths i cant remember all the details but think it had a 6-10 car garage sauna 2 hottubs and maybe even indoor pool

thats the kind of profit they make even though more then 60% (rough estimate could be higher) of thier products go straight in the trash or sit in the bottom of a closet for years unused

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

That is sad :( Real sad. 10 bedrooms? I think I need to send them a personal letter. Let's get a petition together, and send it to them! Who's in?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

migght have been 8 i dont remember maybe was 15

i just remember thinking they must need 6 or 8 bathrooms cause the wax always clogged the pipes

--
Sarahface
@sarah16
10 years ago
108 posts

What makes me sad is that people who actually want dreads and start researching "How to get" dreads online end up stumbling across places like DreadHQ, and then they truly believe that you HAVE to do all of these things to grow your dreads. I've had quite a few people compliment my dreads at work and say they used to want dreadlocks. When I asked what stopped them, they would often say because they were TOO MUCH WORK. I mean... wow. And when I told them I do nothing but wash mine, they look at me like I'm crazy lol.

Also, It wouldn't be as offensive if the money DreadHQ was STEALING from people went to something useful, like a charity.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly well thats why im spending every cent i got the next 3 months to hopefully get is back on top or at least found along side them (reallly could use more donations to help too) thats 1 thing i really respect vicki of dreadlockshampoo.com for most of her profits go to a "special performers" group and soon hopes to employ some of them to give them a sence of purpose

i know this site, all its members, and all thier shops on the shops site ..none of us are getting rich doing this but we have helped so many more in so much less time

i have so much more respect for each and every one of you

--
DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

Campaign is launched. SE, don't be surprised if I see you at a gathering and give you a big hug. I'll donate when I can. https://www.causes.com/campaigns/74585-inform-people-with-proper-information-about-dreadlocks

DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

From the video that came in the kit, I was under the impression they were in a college dorm! Finding this out about the house lit a fire under my ass. When my friend told me his girlfriend does nothing to keep her hair beautiful, I thought he was patronizing her.

Sarah said:

What makes me sad is that people who actually want dreads and start researching "How to get" dreads online end up stumbling across places like DreadHQ, and then they truly believe that you HAVE to do all of these things to grow your dreads. I've had quite a few people compliment my dreads at work and say they used to want dreadlocks. When I asked what stopped them, they would often say because they were TOO MUCH WORK. I mean... wow. And when I told them I do nothing but wash mine, they look at me like I'm crazy lol.

Also, It wouldn't be as offensive if the money DreadHQ was STEALING from people went to something useful, like a charity.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well awhile back some1 was researching him bu real name and came across a listing of a house he was selling wether to up or downgrade and posted it i removed it after a day about

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

can someone write a lil more informative text for the cause?

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form