Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Separation - have i f##ed up?

Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
So... I had this really weird and big long section on top of my head, it's like two of my regular sections fused together sideways. I've been dreading for two months now so it's still nothing close to dreads, so I thought I'd separate it. I managed to do it till about 2/3rds down the "lock" where it was too tight to come out, so i pulled and pulled and then... It broke! So now (SEE PICS) i'm left with a normal lock of hair that goes into a slightly thicker dready thingy. Is this bad or will it get better if I stop trying to separate any more?
updated by @jose-kassai: 01/13/15 10:02:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

it looks real thin why would you try to separate it/ id wrap it also were u trying to split it root to tip? thats going to break every hair in it unless it wasnt really dreaded at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
My hair is thin and real fine, so believe it or not, that section was way too big and weird shaped. It was not dreaded save for like one or two inches next ti where it snapped, where it was almost dreadlike. It doesn't look quite so weird dry (that pcic was damp). I'll try to post a pic of my whole hair tomorrow. I just wanna know of this is some major damage or will it sort itself out with time
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

how big was the base?

--
Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
It was as long as a toothpick and i think 1/3 as wide
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

so inch and 1/2 by 1/2 inch or so? that should have been fine since still averages to 3/4

--
Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
So a good section averages to 3/4?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

under an inch yea