Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
10 years ago
76 posts

Im not sure if I have it or not.My dreads are almost a year old and I have really round, hard knots on my tips. I also have had a big ordeal with itching and it seems like my roots are thinning. I haven't smelled anything weird but I use a fragrent dreads shampoo to. I am also guilty of putting my dreads in a tam after showering and sometimes sleeping on occasion. I havent seen any white in them, but they are in the back and my hair is short. So I am thinking of taking them out and trying again. I have seen the mold and rot stuff on the shampoo site but if I try it and it isnt mold will it mess up my dreads? Do you guys think I should try and fix it or just start over clean?

UPDATE: I just cut one of the hard knots open and there was a very small amount of white flakes inside. But still no smell.

updated by @jackie-turner: 01/13/15 10:02:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

no it wont hurt them at all

if you put on a tam even slightly damp for 5 minutes or longer then your at high risk..but trust me you'd smell it if u got it even with scented shampoos its overpowering

if your worried then try the rot knowt it cant hurt (i keep a couple bottles on hand just in case.)

but try wetting them and smell as they dry

if theres even a slight mustiness id go ahead and use it cause it will knock it out and keep it away a good while

if u use the rot knot dont be afraid to use alot and really work it in..i used a whole bottle on mine and rinses out pretty easy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
10 years ago
76 posts

after I use it will the hard knots go away?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

no knots should go away but if they are extra hard cause of mold they should soften up

i got a few of those in the ends of some dreads and they do stay soggy longer and if i do get any funk issies it tends to start in them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
10 years ago
76 posts

Okay, I will try that first then. Thanks:)

Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
The white flakes is probably dandruff.
Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
10 years ago
76 posts

Idk, It's really dry and I could literally just tear it off...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form