Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Novice need help with separating

Juniper Pärla
@juniper-prla
10 years ago
33 posts

I've been neglecting my hair for about 8 weeks now and i finally start to se a bit of progress.
I use the bs/avc method, dr bronners lavender/hemp soap and sometimescracked rye kernels to wash.

I discoverd three "seeds" in the back of my head and I felt so happy.
But now I'm a bit confused about how to separate them, and how often should I do that?
They are so new and hardly looks like dreads yet so I dont want to fuck them up by doing this wrong.
I've tried to search in the forum but cant find any topic that fits my question.

Any suggestiones?

updated by @juniper-prla: 01/13/15 10:01:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

dont seperate at all unless 1 of these conditions exist

1 the 3 lil dreads are connecting together .. hairs from 1 dread are into another so when you puiull 1 the other moves..not just at the scalp but betyween dread bodies

2 hairs around the dread are gettuing sucked in making it grow fatter and fatter

once either condition exists pull the dreads away from eachother dislodging the connected hairs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
10 years ago
58 posts
If they are still very immature and super tiny, it might undo progress if they're ripped apart. I waited too long and had to cut a few pieces of hair. Don't let it get to beaver tail status if that's not what you want, cause its super hard to separate at that point. I think the separating rate depends on your progress. Even if you do accidentally unknot one, odds are that it will go back to knotting in no time. I'm no expert though, just speaking from our experiences.
Juniper Pärla
@juniper-prla
10 years ago
33 posts

Ok, thnx guys!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form