Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Reassure me?

Elizabeth Miller
@elizabeth-miller
10 years ago
12 posts
Having one of those days... Someone reassure me that this frizzy mess will turn into dreads one day? I really love them 99% of the time, especially the crazy loops and balls and beaver tails. I don't love all the loose hair though. Especially when I see people I know right after getting maintenance and they look so good... I know it's bad long term but I can't help but be a little bit jealous.
updated by @elizabeth-miller: 01/13/15 10:01:53PM
Elizabeth Miller
@elizabeth-miller
10 years ago
12 posts
Tried to post a pic but can't figure out how in the mobile site...
Elizabeth Miller
@elizabeth-miller
10 years ago
12 posts
Aha, got it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

they should be jealouse of yours..and will be someday soon

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
10 years ago
68 posts

The knots you have now all came from loose hair so be patient knowing that in time the hair that is loose now will eventually be beautiful UNIQUE dreadlocks, unlike those people who have maintenance and all look the same. You chose the natural path for a reason so just remember that and remind yourself of it whenever you feel jealous. Oh and by the way you have really gorgeous eyes =]

taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

Look at timelines on here for inspiration. You can see how the messy stages transform into beautiful knots!! I enjoy watching the progression from crazy mess to beautiful ropes. It reminds me of the "Ugly Duckling" story.

I did not make a timeline but, I do try to take pictures once a year to show the growth. On my page I only have one photo of the first year or so. It is because my hair was so crazy that I just did not take any. But take a look, The photo titled "baby dreads" was taken somewhere around 6 months to a year. You will see what I am talking about. My knots do not look anything like that any more.

So remember when you are feeling discouraged... you are a swan!!!!! It just takes time.

Elizabeth Miller
@elizabeth-miller
10 years ago
12 posts

You guys are awesome. I knew you would make me feel better! <3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form