Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural dreads in super soft strait hair

samantha faye frock
@samantha-f
10 years ago
28 posts
So im having issues getting my hair to knot up...I know its only been like two weeks but every time I think im getting some knots they disappear after I wash my hair...I wash my hair every other day because I have very oily skin and it drives me nuts...l was going a week when I had my ladt set of dreads b4 I combed them out two weeks or so ago...how donu help my hair to dry out so it can knot...ive tried sea salt and lemon juice and b.s and acv nothing seems to help...and b.s and acv makes my scalp itch like crazy no matter the mix ratios
updated by @samantha-f: 01/13/15 10:01:38PM
Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
10 years ago
68 posts

I have very fine straight hair too and looks bit shorter than yours. I cant use the bs acv wash either because I have hard water, that may be why it makes you itch... Also when you wash don't rub your hair with a towel as apparently that makes knots fall out. I've just been washing, sleeping on a wool pillow and occasionally spraying with sea salt.

Be careful with lemon juice too as I've heard that can really damage your hair.

samantha faye frock
@samantha-f
10 years ago
28 posts
Ok ty
samantha faye frock
@samantha-f
10 years ago
28 posts
What do u wash with
Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
10 years ago
68 posts

I make my own shampoo (I'm the one who you commented on earlier asking how I made it)

samantha faye frock
@samantha-f
10 years ago
28 posts
O I c lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

wash weekly never use lemon juice or acv well thats not completeluy right but ok 1 oily haurs oily because its over washed and too acidic lemon and acv are both aciduic whats worse is lemon seeps into the hair shaft ..several lat=yers deep whjere the pigment lies and sorta disolves it slowly ..too strong of an acid

it will soften the hair a tin by melting it from the unside

only use sea salt alone!

uf u use baking soda dont use acv after not tull its less oily anyways

but u can use the www.dreadlockshampoo.com lockin up liquid washing once or twuce a week only will make u less oily

and finalt..its only 2 weeks

when those become months then you can wonder why its not knotting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
samantha faye frock
@samantha-f
10 years ago
28 posts
Ok ty
Melanie Bar
@melanie-bar
10 years ago
8 posts

Don't worry if you can't find any knots at 2 weeks :) My hair was nearly hip length when I stopped brushing and though its not oily at all it took about 4-6 weeks until there was ONE baby dread forming in the back of my head :) keep it going and try some more patience, it will definitely happen! (And the lockin up liquid shampoo is really great)

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
10 years ago
393 posts

The wind is dreadlocks best friend.

I have naturally soft straight hair also.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form