Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I need to get the baking soda residue out of my hair...

BeauZay
@beauzay
10 years ago
92 posts

Hello everybody, been a while since I've been on the site. Dreads are doing great at about 1 year 6 months. Been doing the baking soda/ acv wash/rinse this whole time. I do have hard water, and knew the residue from the baking soda was going to happen, don't care too much really. But I've been doing it for so long now that the white in some of the dreads is pretty noticeable. I read somewhere on the site here that Dawn dish soap would work too get some of the residue out, now how would I use it is my question? Just lather it up and spread it all over my dreads? and if you have any other suggestions on a residue removing soap feel free to let me know. Thanks for any help?

updated by @beauzay: 01/13/15 10:01:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda cant leave residue it turns to gasses quickly after contact with water what you may have is dead skin paste from not using it strong enough ..mix it properly and that will go away or use any dread soap at all like the dreadlockshampoo.com soaps and it will go away

baking soda exfoliates taking the dead skin off and kinda disolving it sorta into a paste if its not strong enough then the paste is too thick to rinse away properly

mix the bs in a 1-10 ratio 1 cup per 10 cups water and it should work fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
BeauZay
@beauzay
10 years ago
92 posts

I could have sworn I've seen on this site that the combination of baking and hard water could after a while leave a residue? Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I've always used a lot of baking soda, 2 1/2 size cup, throwing 3 scoops into a one gallon of water...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

is it a 1-10 ratio? some have said hard water caused problems but what ut reallu was was either wrong ratios or the alkeline water in uk..uk folks with alkaline water it just wont disolve right you wont get the same chemical decomposition unless it s heated up or boiled

check the ratios see if its undeed 1-10

--
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
10 years ago
161 posts

I think what you saw was that with hard water its hard to wash it out.... i guss that could translate to build up... im not sure. Im pretty sure i have hard water and i used bs acv for a while and havent noticed any problems yet. surely dish soap would get out whatever is in there. I use dawn from time to time to get out the gel residue.. i think it works. lol

BeauZay
@beauzay
10 years ago
92 posts

I'm not sure how too calculate a 10/1 ratio... Like I literally don't know what that even means. lol... I suck with numbers, any way you could break that down with using one gallon of water?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

1 anything to 10 anythings 1 cup to 10 cups 1 spoonful to 10 spoonfuls 1 finger to 10 fingers use any sized ..anything cup..bowl..bottle..whatever put 1 of em full of baking soda then add 10 more of water

its hard to do a handful of water so a cup or bowl is recomended

--
dreadmojo
@dreadmojo
10 years ago
25 posts

I do not agree with many people here, I live in so cal and have extremely hard water and bs never worked for me, dss soaps work but shipping is outrageous for a bottle

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form