Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Another Newbie!

Becky2
@becky2
10 years ago
2 posts

I started about a couple weeks ago. I went from extensions to TnR babies. How long does it generally take to lose the frizz and look like the real deal? I have some Bucks; the tea tree liquid shampoo, the sage/sweetgrass/cedar bar(reminds me of the sweat lodge) and the salt spray. I've washed it about three or four times so far. I'm super excited for this dread journey!

updated by @becky2: 01/13/15 10:01:32PM
Dread Munky
@dread-munky
10 years ago
5 posts

depends on the type of hair... im on my 1 year and 6th month.. my hair is still frizzy but i think its also about the maintenance.. i usually wash mine about 3 or 2 a week.

Becky2
@becky2
10 years ago
2 posts

My hair is naturally curly. Also I'm curious about my roots, is there something I need to be doing for them to lock Up?

DreadieFuzz
@dreadiefuzz
10 years ago
11 posts
My hair is funny its thick and on the sides and back dreads form on their own(if I justsaid fuck it and ggrew my hair and didn't brush ) I'm on my 2nd set of love I had my first set 13 years ago and always said I wouldn't grow out my hair unless I was locking it I started with 3 1/2 inches length wise and did the r&t method banding the roots and tips I'm a day shy of my first week and plan on my babies first wash at 10days I can normally get away without washing my hair for almost two weeks as is due to what lil matnience I do so my oils aren't developed as quick as someone who kept real good care. Everyone is going to say wait it out and really that's all you can do if you want to have kik damaged natural dreads or you could do the other methods that in the end will most likely hit yer pockets and scalp harder then if you were to let mother nature run her course sorry for the ramble good luck on yer journey
Michelle D. Ransdell
@michelle-d-ransdell
10 years ago
38 posts

Start washing more frequently. Hair dreads better when it's clean.

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
10 years ago
70 posts

You could try a sea salt spray like an hr before showering. For details and ratios just search that in the bar here

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

fuzz take the bands out!

becky do nothing for the roots but wait and let them dread it will take many months but sont try to force it

they look great

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form