Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

thought I'd better say hello :-)

Sarah Robinson
@sarah-robinson
10 years ago
7 posts
I'm Sarah and I live in the UK. I'm a support worker for adults with learning disabilities, I love my job because it is so rewarding. My main passion is motorbikes, I currently ride a 125cc sports style bike while I save to do my full licence. I'm very keen on horses and like to go horse riding when I can but it is an expensive hobby so it's a treat when I do go.I'm very passionate about my dogs as well.I also knit and crochet in my spare time (crochet hooks are for yarn and thread not dreadlocks! ) it's something I learnt to do when I was a kid and I find it very relaxing.I've always been interested in dreadlocks but it took a long time to get here. I started my first set in Sept '11 with back combing. I knew that dreadlocks wouldn't happen instantly but I was frustrated with how they looked as I had preconceived ideas about how I wanted them to look. I also dyed them a lot in the early stages and I do believe it hindered the process. I did also add some extensions as some had shrunk massively compared to others.In Aug '13 I made the decision to brush them out believing it was right. I was having a lot of pain from a shoulder injury (sustained from a motorbike crash in March - caused by a third party) and I believed that this influenced my decision at the time.I began to regret the decision quickly as I didn't feel like myself anymore. In Nov '13 I made the decision to start again, I did use a starter method as I need to keep them relatively neat for work. Things are also a little difficult and having a natural set at the moment isn't the right time.I used back combing, T'n'r and very gentle pulling in of some loops with a crochet hook although I wouldn't advocate using one.This set is my own natural blonde - no dye! My profile pic is from my old set. I don't do any maintenance I just wash and separate. This time round I'm really embracing how my hair will naturally form into dreadlocks, I'm also a lot more relaxed about loose hairs and how my hair has a wild and unruly mind of it's own.Dreadlocks do have a spiritual element for me which is why I'm glad I started again in some ways.
updated by @sarah-robinson: 01/13/15 10:01:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and glad u realized the hooks are no good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarah Robinson
@sarah-robinson
10 years ago
7 posts
Yep they are bad besides I like my hair to have some personality :-)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form