Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How do you take your vegan coffee?

Amanda12
@amanda12
10 years ago
46 posts

I decided to become vegan 3 days ago. The only thing Ive failed at is cream in my coffee. I bout almond milk, wow its yummy! But its not thick enough it takes way to much to make it taste good. What do you use? (Note: I truly HATE coconut)

And While I've got the vegans in the house Bread, butter, bacon, what brand vegan foods do you buy. What are your favorite things to eat. Tell me your vegan secrets and help me succeed

ps I literally dont know any vegans in real life thats why Im asking you guys...

updated by @amanda12: 02/14/15 05:38:07AM
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

This was my hardest give up, cream in my coffee. I use Silk coffee creamer. It comes in original, vanilla, or hazelnut. I get it in my healthfood store.

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
10 years ago
68 posts

I just have my coffee black usually but if I add milk I use soya milk... just cheap one usually. Alpro is the more expensive vegan stuff and I'm pretty sure you can get Alpro cream but I don't know which country you're in (I'm in England).

It wasn't very hard for me to switch to a vegan diet but when I do get cravings there's almost always a vegan alternative to whatever you're craving and if there's not well the craving will go =]

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
10 years ago
70 posts

there is a lot of good blogs/websites out there with a ton of vegan recipes! I'm not a vegan, just a vegetarian for now, but one day I want to make the leap so I have bookmarked a few really great websites for example: thisrawsomeveganlife . com! really all ya have to do is search "vegan recipes" on google you will get a ton of great stuff!! Good luck :D

Sarah Robinson
@sarah-robinson
10 years ago
7 posts
I'm not vegan but I did cut milk out because of problems with stomach ulcers, I've since started using hemp milk and it's my favourite of the dairy free alternatives. The taste may take a little getting used to but it is great in coffee and tea (I'm English so I have tea pumping through my veins) it doesn't work well when heated up though. I must admit though that my digestion has improved and I do agree with the viewpoint of not having milk from another animal as there is no real need for it.
Amanda12
@amanda12
10 years ago
46 posts

Day 11 ;) I found some at the grocery store but its so thin... my husband blew my mind reminding me dry creamer is non dairy.For now im going vegan not healthy (although i try to eat at least half raw).

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

hehe.. I remember the moments in which I transitioned from vegetarian to pretty much vegan.. I still eat honey on occasion, so I am not 100% vegan, but yeah.. The transition took me a little while lol (took me a few months when I actually started trying.. Was a vegeterian for about 7 months before I started eating mostly vegan).. The last thing I gave up was cheese/dairy! :P Don't get discouraged.. It may take a little while to find the alternatives but through time you will more than likely find various vegan things that work well for you in place of non-vegan items! :D

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

And don't let people fool you into thinking that the vegan diet isn't satisfying lol.. I have never been more satisfied with my food choices.. Plant based foods are delicious! Mangoes, Pineapple,Dates,Figs,Avocados, Kiwi.. I could go on and on. I think part of the reason some don't really enjoy plant based foods to their fullest potential is because they begin to rely so much on artificially flavored and processed products that it begins to "weaken" their taste buds. I am not taking sides into saying this is wrong or right, because I respect free will, and believe that if a person so chooses to eat such foods, it is their body and their choice! :D Wishing you all much love and peace on all of your journeys!

NaturalDreads01 said:

hehe.. I remember the moments in which I transitioned from vegetarian to pretty much vegan.. I still eat honey on occasion, so I am not 100% vegan, but yeah.. The transition took me a little while lol (took me a few months when I actually started trying.. Was a vegeterian for about 7 months before I started eating mostly vegan).. The last thing I gave up was cheese/dairy! :P Don't get discouraged.. It may take a little while to find the alternatives but through time you will more than likely find various vegan things that work well for you in place of non-vegan items! :D

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
10 years ago
233 posts

I'm not vegan, but I'm a fan of plant "milks." Ever tried hemp milk? It tastes very...earthy? IMHO, it's a much better addition to coffee than almond milk. And if you like egg nog, Silk makes a great soy nog (and yes, it's egg-free). I actually buy it just to put in my coffee/tea, haha.

Marissa Victoria
@marissa-victoria
10 years ago
34 posts

If you want to avoid soy in soy milk however, I would use rice milk..It's really easy to make and really yummy when you had cinnamon. (almost a horchata[supertastydrink])

Quinoa should become your best friend! It's so tasty and good for youuu; AND you can cook it then mash it and flatten to make quinoa pancakes almost or chunks to fry up for added protein in your salads/soups.

Soups are also amazing and easy to make with a vegan diet. All it takes is vegetable broth, veggies, noodles, any other type of grain, and quinoa for protein!

Also, look into Iyurveda..Im not sure if your familiar with it or not.. it's a way of life that involves diet and wellness exercises but it is a mostly vegan diet if you can find a cookbook..like the Iyurvedic Kitchen.

Goodluck!!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form