Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newcomer to dreads and dreadlockssite

Bryan Brown
@bryan-brown
10 years ago
3 posts
Hare krsna everyone! As a new comer to dreads i have begun to research on dreads using this website. One of the facts described the stages of a dread, i.e. sectioning, baby dreads and so on. I know every ones hair is different so how did you know which stage you were in. Very interested to hear specifics about your journeys.
updated by @bryan-brown: 01/13/15 10:01:22PM
Sarahface
@sarah16
10 years ago
108 posts

Hai! Welcome to the site and best of luck to you on your journey!

Well I started out T&R, but they fell out and I went natural afterwards. I could when they started to section by turning my head sideways and seeing how, instead of a curtain of hair, small sections would more or less stick together. Also, if you gently grabbed the tip of a piece of hair and lifted it up, extra hair that was "sticking" to it would come with it.

Baby dreads, for me, was when I would notice the clumps of hair getting a bump or a loop. At that point you can kind of feel up the section of hair and tell where the dread is starting to really form. The tangles are firmer and, if you weren't trying to dread your hair, you would have an extremely hard time brushing that knot out!

And as they mature you notice that the majority of section of hair is now a firm clump, and really fun to squish with your hands. :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well to add to it

baby dreads are when they are tangling together and knotty but still very loose at the roots especialy teen stages is when they gfo wild get loopy and crazy

mature is when they stop changing so much day to day week to week they still are always changing just not as noticably the roots have to=ightened up to 1/2 inch ir so from the scalp and the majority of sectuins are tightly dreaded

most loops have suc ked in by this point

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bryan Brown
@bryan-brown
10 years ago
3 posts
Would wearing your hair in a wool tam hinder dreading if its still in the sectioning phase?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

nope as long as when your putting it on your not undoing anything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bryan Brown
@bryan-brown
10 years ago
3 posts
Righteous! Now all that's left is the patience. not necessarily that hard because I'm going for the nazarene way of dreading
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form