Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Different products, shampoo

Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Hey great dready ppl, I've been gone for a while and well thats what happens when you go to school and work. But I've learnt to manage my time much better so hopefully I'll be able to be more active again.

So actually I've joined this new kinda Avon kinda selling, because I need the extra money for college and all the products or at least a vast majority is made with all natural products and well I'm giving it a try. So my question is about the shampoo, I've been using the liquid lockin up dreadlocks shampoo, first nag champa and then dragons blood. Two bottles have lasted me about 10 months which is a pretty good bang for the buck. But yeaa, what I'm focusing is in the selling of vitamins, but there is also this all natural shampoo and well I'm almost out of my second bottle of lockin up dreadlocks shampoo and thought I might give it a try if you guys could check the products ingredient and let me know if it would be good to use for the process of dreading. I know it looks to be in the expensive side but I get a special price, and its also made up of mostly natural ingredients. But yeah not trying to advertise the products, just wondering if its worth the while trying it out

Here's the link. I just want somebody who's more knowledgeable take a look at it and let me know if it would be safe to give it a try or if it would mess with all my progress. I'm 9-10 months in going completely natural, just separating. Thanks for the help

http://www.amway.com/JDCShop/Shop/Product/Product.aspx/BODY-BLENDS-Naturals-Shampoo?itemno=749717

updated by @jimmy-dc: 11/10/15 11:57:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

couldnt tell ya if its ok or not but well amway is notorious..nobody has ever made money off amway but amwau i remember my parents falling for Amway when i was like 6? we had a garrage full of it that we couldnt get rid of i cant remember since it was so long ago but pretty sure they went way into debt as a result

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Yeaa well I made a lot of research before joining them, and the products are undoubtedly high quality, on the overpriced side, but high quality. And now a days the business has changed, andyou get different discounts so I'm sticking to the products that are worth the bang for the buck and then selling the ones i truly like or think are worth. I'm also taking a nutrition class this semester so that should help me out as well. My friend who invited me to join was kinda fooled by the 'compounding income' and just being able to afford college, but we've decided to solely focus on the sales of the products that are worth and well he already made some money off apart from his initial investment, and i have made my initial investment back so as far as we don't become consumed by the cult-like people in it we will be good. Thank you for worying tho

soaring eagle said:

couldnt tell ya if its ok or not but well amway is notorious..nobody has ever made money off amway but amwau i remember my parents falling for Amway when i was like 6? we had a garrage full of it that we couldnt get rid of i cant remember since it was so long ago but pretty sure they went way into debt as a result

Tim5
@tim5
10 years ago
359 posts

tetrasodium edta (one of the ingredients) is made byreacting ethylenediamine with formaldehyde. It is used in alot of "natural" products. It is said to be safe, but I avoid it. Taken orally it is said to cause alot of different developmental problems, but is apparently safe to use on the skin, apparently. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen. if you use the shampoo, and it washes out quite easily that is a good sign, but if it takes ages for the water to run clean, then it is probably not ideal. I test this by cupping my hand under the hair and catching the water to see if it is clear.

peace and blessings

Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Thanks a lot for all the great info man. I will probs get it and do the little test you suggested

Tim said:

tetrasodium edta (one of the ingredients) is made by reacting ethylenediamine with formaldehyde. It is used in alot of "natural" products. It is said to be safe, but I avoid it. Taken orally it is said to cause alot of different developmental problems, but is apparently safe to use on the skin, apparently. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen. if you use the shampoo, and it washes out quite easily that is a good sign, but if it takes ages for the water to run clean, then it is probably not ideal. I test this by cupping my hand under the hair and catching the water to see if it is clear.

peace and blessings

Tim5
@tim5
10 years ago
359 posts

hey Noodle-Doo. Yes It is. Minimal ingredients, only words that I know, no words I have to look up, is a good start.

peace

Noodle-Doo said:

Hi Jimmy,

The shampoo in your link says it moisturises as well as cleaning, and has Shea butter and coconut oil in it. So it might be kinda conditioning for dreads. But who knows? If you can get a good discount on an expensive shampoo it might be worth a try. You can always do a baking soda wash if it gets too soft, to roughen the hair up again :o)

Hey Tim :) It's really frustrating, isn't it, trying to find out genuine information about the safety of a product in its actual usage?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form