Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Restarting dreads after a 1 1/2 years...maybe?

Reppyboyo
@reppyboyo
10 years ago
26 posts

Hi there,

Probably the wrong forum for this but seems close enough.
Im about 1 1/2 years into my dread journey, 2 years if you count my failed first set.
Ive learned a lot over this time and greatly enjoyed it, I do love my current set.

However, for a few months now I've had an almost overwhelming urge to restart my dreads and try full natural/neglect again.
I kind of miss the whole messy stage, finding new kinks and curves in my dreads. Having my current ones set in their ways and not changing for well over 6 months now feels a little dull.
As much as continuing them to grow longer would also be awesome, I cant quite shake this urge.

Anyone else been in a similar position as I?
If so, what did you do in the end?

A (not very good) picture of my dreads are below.

updated by @reppyboyo: 01/13/15 10:01:00PM
Tara C
@tara-c
10 years ago
644 posts

You realise that dreads mature eventually, right? So, by that logic...every time your dreads mature, you'll want to start over again to get back to the messy, growing, changing stage. So you'll have to constantly restart your dreads again lol. Which is fine if it's what you want to do, but it sounds like an urge that you'll always have once your dreads go past that stage. So if you want to settle down with them, you'll have to get past that urge, sooner or later.

I had a similar thing, so I combed out a few dreads. Six or seven in total, and left the rest.

Tim5
@tim5
10 years ago
359 posts

What does growing dreads mean to you?

peace and blessings

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form