Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dry, brittle hair

Doogie
@doogie
10 years ago
321 posts
Since I can only look thru here very little on my iPhone and can't find my original post from a week or 2 ago I'm just doing it this way.Anywho eagle mentioned to start using the dreadlock shampoo bars since they moisturize. I used them before and then after washing the other day with the tea tree one I just got I then remembered why I stopped using the bars. The bars leave me extremely flakey! Anyone else have this problem? I mean not only my hair and scalp but also my face and beard. Starting to think that the bars don't work so well with really hard water so I'm going back to the liquid and the dryness.
updated by @doogie: 01/13/15 10:01:00PM
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

I had never used a bar soap, so it was a new thing for me. I have dry hair so I was nervous . But I found washing my hair in the kitchen sink or kneeling along side the tub instead of a shower, I could use tempid water to wash. Then rinse in cold water. No flakes or itches I can't stand a cold shower, so this was my solution. I know residue can be hard to remove, so rinsing is important.Good luck!!!

Doogie
@doogie
10 years ago
321 posts
Yeah I always wash/rinse with cold water. I lather the bar in my hand then apply to scalp and continue until I get a nice lather. Run a quick sweep of water over my head and continue scrubbing with finger tips. Rinse well the a really cold rinse to finish. Yeah think I'm going back to liquid from www.dreadlockshampoo.com .
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form