Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Going neglect in a VERY HOT country?

Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
11 years ago
38 posts
Hello y'all! So, I'm currently undoing my crochet dreads and preparing to go neglect. Thing is, I figured Brazil's heat would dry them super fast, but my dreads all had a little mold inside when I combet them out, even though i thought I was giving them enough time to dry (no less than 2 days between washes).The heat also makes me sweat like crazy. That OK for the dreads?And last thing is about washing them. Do the bicarbonate and vinegar washes suffice by themselves? Do they make the hair smell funny? Wouldn't want to go around smelling like vinegar.Sorry for so many questions at once :D hope I'm not bugging too much.Thanks and cheers!
updated by @jose-kassai: 01/13/15 10:00:55PM
Jay TRAIN INSANE!
@jay-train-insane
11 years ago
3 posts
I did a vinegar wash today I got a cup in the shower and poured some vinegar into the cup then filled the rest with water. I did that 3 times to get my whole head soaked with the vinegar mix.my dreads dont smell like vinegar at all as long as you rinse well it should be good
Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
11 years ago
38 posts
How often do you do that vinegar wash? And what about that baking soda one?
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

You use the baking soda water mix as a wash and apple cider vinegar as the conditioning rinse.

Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
I guess I can just "whash my head when i feel dirty", right? Or is there any kinda schedule? Also, do i do the vinegar one every wash or is it more of a periodic thing?

Brandi Wilson said:

You use the baking soda water mix as a wash and apple cider vinegar as the conditioning rinse.

Linus
@linus
10 years ago
43 posts

Just wash when you feel that you need to. You use vinegar after the baking soda to get the ph level right again.

Jose Kassai said:

I guess I can just "whash my head when i feel dirty", right? Or is there any kinda schedule? Also, do i do the vinegar one every wash or is it more of a periodic thing?

Brandi Wilson said:

Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
Oh, so there's the Ph thing. Cool man, thanks a lot. I thought the vinegar thing was like a monthly deep wash or something. Also, are there any ways to dry my hair without interfering with the locking process? Cause I'm afraid of not letting it dry and getting mold again...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

sun dries it fastest if not then blow dry

when u can tho just go sit in the sun

make sire u never tie em up or restrict airflow in any way till dry no hats nothing

move em around to get airflow or sun to the damper ones underneath

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
Once its dry, can I tie it or will that muck up the dreading process??
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form