Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is the grippy feeling with BCS bar normal?

SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
11 years ago
58 posts

We've been using the nagchampa bucks county soap bar for at least a month now.

While in the shower, and only in the shower, the locks feel as if they've got residue on them. Is this grippy feeling normal? Does our water have something to with it? We dont know what type of water we have but we have a water doctor filter on it.

Since I get dry scalp easily using the baking soda wash and acv rinse, I started using the bar. Haven't tried to baking soda wash in a while to feel the texture difference.

for months before we started, we were using giovanni tea tree shampoo. Since it's clarifying, it wasn't hard for our hair to knot up. I doubt any is still left in there, but there is a chance.

any ideas?

updated by @simplespiveys: 01/13/15 10:00:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

b4 or after u rinse?

theres alotta confusion about hard vs soft water since hard water makes soaps not rinse right soft water anything rinses fine but then theres softened water wich makes nothing rinse right its all in how its softened and i think if its further ionized its ok? im not sure bcs soaps should rinse fine in just about any water except possibly softened water but since it contains microfine clay maybe thats the feeling uout refering to before its rinsed?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
11 years ago
58 posts

It's not softened, and the grabby feeling is after it is rinsed. It's almost like that clean feeling you get on your skin when you use a soap that takes the oils off your skin. We've also been having a bit of stank. Maybe it's time to use some B.S.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

winters rough on proper drying so u might want to get some rot knot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
10 years ago
58 posts
Update: used b.s. Plus bronners and an acv rinse today and was left with soft hair and no grippy feeling. Our replacement filter is in transit right now since it probably needed replacing. We do have hard water to some degree. I guess I should alternate between bucks bar and b.s. Since it seems to have worked this time. What's rot knot?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form