Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oily hair/ dreads not seeming to form.

Jessiepontious
@jessiepontious
11 years ago
3 posts
Hello, I have been naturally dreading my hair for a little over 4 months now, I'm Caucasian and have always had straight kind of oily hair and not combing seems to make it more oily especially my bangs. My bangs are separated but just seem to stick together not knot, I was using t gel shampoo for a while and I know it was causing buildup so I just got the neem nag champa shampoo from vital goods and did a baking soda deep clean today which helped with the sticky feeling but the hair still seems to just be stuck/clumped together rather than knotted however I do have some knots forming in the back and sides. I almost constantly wore a tam the first three months unless I was home and I think that and the short hair length have slowed down the dredding process. Also I was sweating a lot while wearing the tam what if any are the effects of sweat while dreading? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
updated by @jessiepontious: 01/13/15 10:00:45PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

the stuck/clumped together hair may be sections forming, mine was in sections for a good long while before the knots started up in them. & the sections would clump, split, reclump, they had a lot of sorting out to do before they seemed to actually dread at all.

it's best to have your hair loose & moving whenever possible because movement helps knots form, so a loose tam sometimes isn't bad, but i would try to let it hang free whenever possible.

how often do you wash? if your hair is still oily after going with the bs/acv washing for a while you can do less acv & see if the bs helps dry it out a bit. i needed to skip the acv for a little bit & spread out my washing.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

t gel will have prevented dreading so literaly you started today when you stopped using that and switcghed to bs and vital

id use the baking soda only for a couple weeks to reduce oiliness

sweats fine tams fine ..but not all the time they needed time to hang free and move

but..now that u stopped using t gel (very toxic) it can progress faster

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessiepontious
@jessiepontious
11 years ago
3 posts
Ok thanks for the quick reply! It's kind of disappointing knowing that I basically just started dreading today when I haven't combed my hair for four months but it's better to know, I could tell that it wasn't good for my hair but I've always had bad dandruff so I felt like I needed something. Should I try to get the dandruff out in any way? Will it harm the dreads or anything if it stays in? I've heard that neem oil is good for dandruff which is why I purchased that shampoo from vital goods. I have been washing 3 times a week
Jessiepontious
@jessiepontious
11 years ago
3 posts
But I definitely think the t gel was my main problem, it seems like it has knotted up more today than in the past 4 months of not combing. Thanks for the advice guys! The baking soda seems to dry my scalp out even more than it naturally is so I might just do a deep clean with it every month or so and use the vital goods shampoo more regularly
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if u use acv it wont but u say oily so oily is too acididc so skipping acv will make u less oily

teatree and rosemary work on dandruff neems an anti parasitic im not sure it helps dandrugff but might its a miracle herb that helps thousands of things

(but stinks)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form