Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Coconut Oil...

Amanda12
@amanda12
11 years ago
46 posts

I dont know if its good for dreads or not but I did it. I put about a 1/2t in about 3 cups of hot water and dumped dumped it all over my head and left it in while the sink filled up, then I did a bs rinse. Then I ran my head under sink water and filled the sick back up to soak in clean water. Next I got in the shower and used ACV/ teatree/ rosemary mix and rinsed well. I got out and when all of my hair was dry I noticed I didnt get all of the oil out. Its been 2 days and I still havnt gotten around to washing it out again. Today I noticed its not greasy anymore, my dreads are softer than ever before, and best of all none of them seem to have come loose. :) Im calling this a win! I wont do it again for a long time, maybe 6 months, a year, a year and a half(the amount of time I've had dreads and not done this) we'll see how long this softness lasts. :)

updated by @amanda12: 01/13/15 10:00:18PM
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

I mean...if your hair looks and feels fine, I don't see a problem with it...

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

It is a common hair conditioner all over the world. I havn't used it on my hair, but I use it on my sons, undreaded two years old hair, it can look a bit oily for a day or so, but it seems to sort it self out. It is great for skin, and soaks in quite quickly and is not greasy at all. I would use it on my dreads without worrying at all, it can't harm. I would just oil up my hands and rub it on, perhaps just a little bit at a time, until I was satisfied with it.

peace

Rafael Rodriguez
@rafael-rodriguez
11 years ago
41 posts

I have been using ti for a little while but not on rinse or anything like that, I just rub it on my hand and from my hands to the hair.

As you noticed, it gets absorbed by the hair so the oily feeling wont last, but then it will feel soft for a while.

Amanda12
@amanda12
11 years ago
46 posts

Im glad to hear that, I didnt know about buildup but I figured because its liquid when its hot it would be fine. I think it worked magically. I have been growing my hair for like 12 year or so (never cut, dyed, blow dried, straightened, or really ever curled) so I'm not super concerned about conditioning but my hair was feeling a little scratchy. I did the soak thing because I wanted to moisturize my dry itchy head as well. From the neck up just feels refreshed :) I finally washed my hair today and it still feels amazing!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form