Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Having faith and receiving help

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Hello, and peace to all. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Last month we were pretty much broke, with four kids and Christmas coming, we were a little bit worried how we would provide for the family. I have been a spiritual person for some time, and have been through some pretty full on stuff and sometimes my faith is all I have had. So, I have had the experience of faith, and said to my partner, "don't worry, everything will be alright, we will be provided for, lets just have faith". My partner didn't really agree, and kept on freaking out, and we were having disagreements and so on. All I could say is, have faith, it will be ok. I think because I have had the experience of my spirituality providing everything I need, I was able to 'hand over' any worries to my faith, but my partner may not have had that experience, so she was really worried. But, we were provided for, almost the exact amount of money we needed came to us, through some unexpected ways, I believe it was to show us that we are looked after, and as a sign. I then said to my partner, see, we are provided for, and I was thankful, but she was still worried and unhappy, even after the thing she was worried about was fixed. And again yesterday, I was given some money, and today, I had to spend that exact amount, to the dollar, unexpectedly. Please don't think I am believing spirituality is a materialistic thing, but I think we are being given signs to remember we are provided with everything we need, as long as we have faith. But again today, my partner dismissed this gift as coincidence. I want to donate alot of our old cloths, and old toys to charity, to give some thing back, whatever we can, but my partner wants to sell this stuff on ebay to make a little bit of money, I think this is a mistake. I would love to hear what anyone thinks about this stuff, or if I am being unreasonable.

peace and blessings.

updated by @tim5: 02/14/18 05:02:27PM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

I'm the kind of person that has no faith. That's not to say I don't consider myself spiritual on some level, but not really in the sense that I believe someone or something will provide for me or look out for me. But I get the hope and sense of comfort it can bring people when, as you say, sometimes it's all they have. The thing is that many people have faith as you do and are good people, but they're not provided for, so I get why your partner thinks it's a coincidence. And her thinking it's a coincidence means she doesn't have this comfort to fall back on that, should life bring up something unexpected in a bad way, you'll both be OK. She wants as much security as possible, I get that. So perhaps some of the stuff can be sold, and some can be given to charity? Or perhaps you can sell the stuff on ebay, and give back to others in another way, maybe volunteering somewhere for a while if you have the time, or something to that effect? That way her own worries can be lessened, and you can do something to give back.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Thankyou, I agree to an extent. But I don't think the worries can be lessened, I believe only with faith can the worries be truly lessened. We have everything we need now, and the worries are not lessened. There are people in the world being tortured and killed and their loved ones only have there spiritual beliefs to help them through, I am referring especially to the Tibeten monks, they have their practise and they some how remain happy, I have heard stories from India, where women have been held against their will, and tortured and they remain firm in their faith and smile, that is a story told many times within the Brahma Kumaris. I lost both parents suddenly, in seperate incidents and my faith got me through. So, if faith can sustain us in these types of situations, surely in our day to day lives, we can understand that faith is enough, it is more than enough. I believe without it, we need to be sustained materially, and that will lead us only to a downfall, and definate unhappiness.

peace and blessings

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
11 years ago
59 posts

I'm going through this right now!!!!! Kind of blew my mind when I read this actually.

Bella Lobo
@bella-lobo
11 years ago
2 posts

Well Tim, I'm with you on this one. I have been in the same situation with money problems and then something comes my way and I am provided for. I was a single parent for a few years and I have no idea how I made my mortgage every month, but I did. Somehow, someway. The Universe blessed me and has watched out for me. Worrying about your home every month is not a pleasant way to live, but I did it. I needed to learn to just let it go. Kinda like our dreads. Just give it up to the Universal Source, or whatever name you want to give it, and proceed on..

I also, as you, like to give back in a way that I can. I donate clothes, blankets, old toys, books, to the foodbank, the animal shelter, etc. It makes ME feel good. There have been things that I could sell that I gave away. That's what works for me. I say follow your intuition. I understand your partners threat to provide for your children. I really do.

However, the opposite of Faith is Fear. You cannot have Faith and still be fearful. What you send out, is what you get back. IMO, of course.

Many Blessings to you and your family. Peace, Bella.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Thankyou for taking time to respond.

peace and many blessings

tim

Bella Lobo
@bella-lobo
11 years ago
2 posts

Your welcome, my brother.