Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lint caked in my dreads... :(

Devon
@devon
11 years ago
19 posts

Hello! I have now had my dreadlocks for two and a half years, and they are strong and beautiful. I have developed a bad habit of picking out the ends when I'm stressed or distracted, and now there is a considerable amount of straight hair at the end of each dread. While doing this, I have uncovered a large amount of blue and gray lint and little sticky places in my dreads. Every dreadlock has this lint in it...

When I first embarked on my journey years ago, I used Knotty Boy's lock gel-- a combination of hemp oil and aloe vera and good-smelling things. It had no wax in it and used natural substances, so I thought it was fine to use. Now I believe that this gel has remained in my locks, causing these little sticky spots, and had attracted all of this lint to my hair when I slept after applying the gel.

I feel that my beautiful dreadlocks are "dirty", with these fuzzy lint things being caked in them for years. People have commented that they have a bit of a musty smell, and I don't believe there is a way to remove the lint from my dreadlocks as they are now.

So... I have thought about cutting off my dreads and rocking the short hair look. I am also considering trying to take my dreads out, and start a new set fresh. My question is, what is a safe and natural way to remove dreadlocks? IS there actually a way to get the lint out? And can we spread the word that this "locking gel" is no good? Thank you for your advice.

updated by @devon: 01/13/15 10:00:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i have alot of lint from mine dragging on the ground..on the outside

the gel could have caused it so could dr bronners in hard water etc

it wont harm nothing on the inside

dirty?

is wearing a shirt dirty?

lint is just fibres that came loose off your clothes and ended up in your dreads its not dirty any more then wearing clothes or sleeping under blankets makes u dirty

tho if theres a scent you may want to use the rot knot

i would not comb them out

how would you ever avoid lint in the next set? i mean dont u find lint in your belly button all the time?

if the lints visible on the outside pick it out

if its inside ..who cares? noone knows its there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form