Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair won't dread

E D'Loves
@e-dloves
11 years ago
2 posts

Hey everyone, started my journey earlier in year with high hopes, nothing happened. I tried neglect, would just pull back into ponytail, not comb or brush, read that all hair will dread. Will after about 3 months took out comb to trim sideburns and forgot out of old habit andran comb through hair and went through no problem. It was as if had just been brushed. I was stunned, how could this be? Well, I gave up and went back to brushing hair but still dream of having dreads and don't know what to do. Now hair longer of course, maybe military cut is answer for me. I was ready to record my journey as inspiration for others but now need inspiration for myself.

updated by @e-dloves: 01/13/15 10:00:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

oulling it back in a pony tail prevented progress

also u do not mention how you washed with what how u dried etc etc

nor how long it is

it will dread if treated properly but might take longer then 3 months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chris C.2
@chris-c2
11 years ago
12 posts

Like Soaring Eagle said, you didn't mention a lot.
There could be many reasons why you didnt get a single tangle, I'll just mention the more common do nots.

• Dont run fingers through hair, still considered combing
  • Use residue free shampoo
  • Be gentle when drying hair, just pat the towel on your hair and let the rest air dry
  • Don't let your hair get oily ( dont use conditioner )
  • Try and have your hair in a ponytail, hat, or tight beany for as little as possible
  • Read the dreaducation page on this website.

For lots of things, it's also about what you don't do in combination with what you do right. So please try again, and if you dont see progress, dont be discouraged. I didnt start seeing progress until around 4 or 5 months when knots started popping up all over. Peace and hope you have a wonderful dready journey

E D'Loves
@e-dloves
10 years ago
2 posts

Chris C. said:

Like Soaring Eagle said, you didn't mention a lot.
There could be many reasons why you didnt get a single tangle, I'll just mention the more common do nots.

• Dont run fingers through hair, still considered combing
  • Use residue free shampoo
  • Be gentle when drying hair, just pat the towel on your hair and let the rest air dry
  • Don't let your hair get oily ( dont use conditioner )
  • Try and have your hair in a ponytail, hat, or tight beany for as little as possible
  • Read the dreaducation page on this website.

For lots of things, it's also about what you don't do in combination with what you do right. So please try again, and if you dont see progress, dont be discouraged. I didnt start seeing progress until around 4 or 5 months when knots started popping up all over. Peace and hope you have a wonderful dready journey

I appreciate the replies, had to think on it for awhile, considered a salon treatment but seemed that all wanted wax. Simple logic told me no. Realized I did not explain correctly about ponytail, only when needed when seemed hair too wild and needed to meet with someone. I wondered if neglect should really be called extra care and attention method. Finally decided to review and see what I missed and what I should try in new attempt. I found a new shampoo and am seeing a huge difference. I now know what a congo is. My question now is: I have several good dreads started and my concern is that they starting at the ends, some rather tight and seem good, will they progress toward the scalp? I assume so and am happy with progress so far, some finger length, this just might work.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

absolutely your on the right track now..the right shampoo makes a huge diference

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form