Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads and Psoriasis

Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

Hey guy's, my 12 year old son Callum who starts high school after Christmas has been thinking about starting dreads and myself and my wife are more than happy to support him if that's what he wants to do, it's his hair, it's his choice. But our concern is that he suffers from a bit of Psoriasis on his scalp and as a result he using a product called Head and Shoulders which is marketed as an anti dandruff shampoo and tends to work well for his scalp.

Although it's not severe we were just wondering if any of you have issues with Psoriasis and if so how do you guy's manage the condition with dreads ... will dread soap make it worse? ... maybe there is a particular type ofdread soap that would be beneficial, we are thinking that any good dread soap will be a positive given that most are all natural .... your thoughts...

here's a mug shot of my best mate ;-) ... my boy.

Callum dread 1 .JPG

updated by @rustdust: 01/13/15 10:00:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

although head and shoulders may treat the symptoms it also may be a cause dandruff shampoos are highly toxic

sls is 1 of the top ingredients that causes it

psoriasis is an autoimmune thing and i have found the teatree rosemary dreadockshampoo.com them but especialy that 1 and takes a week to see anything return

i get a lil around my ears and nose wich i use a lil cream on prescribed by my dermatologist wich works great

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

dreadlockshampoo.com threw in a couple of samples and one of them wastea-treeso he can use that and we will see how he goes, dread shampoo just may be what he needs.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form