Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

bs/acv

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

i know its bad to mix them but i need to have evidence to why i know it createscarbonic acid

updated by @jedi-dreads: 01/13/15 10:00:09PM
Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

I'm still trying to understand why people use ether, acv has a Ph of 2 and bs has a Ph of 9 to much will effect your hairs mantle... you can read about it in this thread, bottom of page 3 and onto 4.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/the-constantly-changing-...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

What Is the Equation for the Reaction Between Baking Soda and Vinegar?

The reaction between baking soda ( sodium bicarbonate ) and vinegar (dilute acetic acid ) generates carbon dioxide gas, which is used in chemical volcanoes and other projects. Here is a look at the reaction between baking soda and vinegar and the equation for the reaction.
Answer: The reaction between baking soda and vinegar actually occurs in two steps, but the overall process can be summarized by the following word equation:

baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) plus vinegar (acetic acid) yields carbon dioxide plus water plus sodium ion plus acetate ion

The chemical equation for the overall reaction is:

NaHCO 3 (s) + CH 3 COOH(l) CO 2 (g) + H 2 O(l) + Na + (aq) + CH 3 COO - (aq)

with s = solid, l = liquid, g = gas, aq = aqueous or in water solution

Another common way to write this reaction is:

NaHCO 3 + HC 2 H 3 O 2 NaC 2 H 3 O 2 + H 2 O + CO 2

The above reaction, while technically correct, does not account for the dissociation of the sodium acetate in water.

The chemical reaction actually occurs in two steps. First, there is double displacement reaction in which acetic acid in vinegar reacts with sodium bicarbonate to form sodium acetate and carbonic acid:

NaHCO 3 + HC 2 H 3 O 2 NaC 2 H 3 O 2 + H 2 CO 3

Carbonic acid is unstable and undergoes a decomposition reaction to produce the carbon dioxide gas:

H 2 CO 3 H 2 O + CO 2

The carbon dioxide escapes the solution as bubbles. The bubbles are heavier than air, so the carbon dioxide collects at the surface of the container or overflows it. In a baking soda volcano, detergent usually is added to collect the gas and form bubbles that flow somewhat like lava down the side of the 'volcano'. A dilute sodium acetate solution remains after the reaction.

but..your talkig to an idiot thats not believing you so the proof will be beyond his coomprehention

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

Who exactly are you referring to!

soaring eagle said:

but..your talkig to an idiot thats not believing you so the proof will be beyond his coomprehention

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what you want though is sodium carbonate baking soda is sodium bicarbonate

so you get NaHCO3 + HOH ---> Na^+1 (aq) + OH^-1 (aq) + H2CO3 (aq)

H2CO3 (aq) ---> CO2 (g) + H2O (l)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

haha srry no hes talkimg to a guy thats refusing to believe that you shouldnt mix them im just saying anyone that refuses to believe thats not going to understand the proof hes demanding anyway

cause if he ynderstood the description of the chemical reaction then hed already know this...or would at least have made a bs/acv volcano as a science project in 5th grade

when learning chemistry and the basics of the reactions between alkaline and acidics the bs/acv reaction is the 1sst most basic and easily demonstrated reaction your exposed to

Rustdust said:

Who exactly are you referring to!

soaring eagle said:

--
Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

Its all good mate, Why do people use ether acv or bs, what are the benefits?, I have been searching the forums but haven't seen anything and may have over looked it.

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

I used all the correct measurements for both (literally with measuring cups) and found it to be very drying to my hair and scalp. No matter how long I rinsed my hair felt like straw. I tried adding essential oils to my rinse too. In my opinion the Dreadlock Bars are much better.
Rustdust said:

Its all good mate, Why do people use ether acv or bs, what are the benefits?, I have been searching the forums but haven't seen anything and may have over looked it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the dreadlocks shampoo bars are much better but bs/acv has the advantage of being a no touch method so early on its helpful also its a deep cleanse that really removes dirt better then anything out there and exfoliates if your scalps a mess it removes the dead skin like nothing else will

i stopped using it tho when i found dreadlockshampoo.com and now mine are healthier then ever

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form