Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need advice

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

been on my third dread journey back combed, tnr, and now neglect i restarted for the third time cause i felt like i was cheating but now im almost at month five and im getting anxious again and thinking about doing tnr again but cant decide been waiting a over a year with all the restarts so what do you all think? really want to see some progress but the last time i did neglect there was none for over six months i know it takes patience and if i did do tnr again i wouldnt touch it again not going to restart again after so should i do it

updated by @jedi-dreads: 01/13/15 10:00:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

was it short or oily how were u washing u may have seen remarkable progress at 7 months but tnr isnt a bad choice

no matter what u do stop restarting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

think it was a little over 6in the last time but right now its well over 7in but since ive been using bs/avc my hair takes a while to get oily now so washing 2-3 times a week it doesnt really get oily idk i guess its just ive been doing it for so long now feel like i havnt gotten anywhere and i know its because ive restarted a couple times =/ just dont know what to do

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well that extra inch might make all the diference but u could tnr its up to u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts
TNr will make u happy short term.Neglect will probably get you there faster since your so far in. Are u see any knotting yet at all with your neglect?
thomas richard greene
@thomas-richard-greene
11 years ago
12 posts

If you wanna do neglect do it. I didn't get any good knots for 9 monthes and in the last 3 monthes I have 3 good locks started and a 4th on the way. It seems like once you get one going the hair around it will follow. Good things are worth waiting for and if you plan on having dreads for a long time just chill.

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

i kinda have one on my neck line thats starting to knot tho its cause i had a bead on it for a while all in all i guess ill wait it out just so anxious guess i needed a pep talk oh and ive been sleeping on a wool pillow case

Renee Stewart
@renee-stewart
11 years ago
19 posts

That bead is a good clue for you! Having a bead or two, or a loose wrap around it, anything like that DOES cause the hair to start sticking together! I heard it wouldn't help, but I put a couple of rubber bands (the covered kind, not tiny elastics) around a few of my dreadlets cause they were too thin and I was going to join them (I was doing TNR) and I didn't want them to get 'lost' or forget which ones I wanted to join. (I did undo them the rest of the way, they were already coming apart, so it was completely loose hair). Anyway, I didn't get around to it right away (like so many things . . .) and lo and behold, they began to join themselves!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form