Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Are You On Instagram? If so, what about a DreadlocksSite account?

John Summers
@john-summers
11 years ago
8 posts

So I had an idea I want to run past all of you.

First of all, how many of you are on Instagram?

I was thinking it could be cool to setup an Instagram account to showoff some of the awesome dreads that we have here on the site. Another purpose of the account would be to prompt other dreads that may have questions, concerns, etc. or people how want to network with like-minded people on a site that is for people who have or are thinking of locking. Maybe people who don't even have dreads, but love them. What do you guys think? I think for privacy reasons we could ask if we could use a members picture to make sure they are okay with it. I'm really just spit balling here, as it is just an idea.

The main goal would be to increase the flow of traffic on the site that has decreased since the google update. But another goal would be to help ease some anxieties that new or more mature dreadheads are having on the journey and have not heard of the site. Speaking from personal experience, my locks cause me a good bit of anxiety because loose hairs, frizzies or what have you. But once I found the site and realized all the things that I worried about were normal, my journey became a much more peaceful one full of self discovery and growing it to the person I am meant to be.

Again, this is just an idea. But I would like to hear your thoughts, suggestions, criticisms or really anything you have to say on this matter.

Bless!

John

updated by @john-summers: 01/13/15 09:59:56PM
CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

I dont have an instagram, but i do have a pinterest with a board dedicated to all things dreadie! awesome idea. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

definitely would love to see it happen so anyone on threre..join in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Melony
@melony
11 years ago
45 posts

Fantastic Idea!! I have an instagram (melonyceleste)

I'm following a few different dread accounts on there already, but none of them solicit the amazing advice that so many on this website are willing to offer.

I would love to be apart of this if you do set up an account :)

thetetlove
@thetetlove
11 years ago
16 posts

Love this idea::)

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

I follow several dreadie instagrams but a dreadlockssite one would be awesome!!! I only have a dumb phone so I have to borrow my hubs phone to instagram but i like checkin it out ;) mine is ixchel183

Alex Jackson
@alex-jackson
11 years ago
5 posts

Hello everyone!
New here and just saw this, my instagram account is ajackson254, im goingto be posting pics of my journey as im starting to go natural after growing my hair out and conditiong and all that for about 9-10 months. I can't wait to see them start forming and if you'd like to talk or just like my aweosme pics on instagram and watch my journey just follow me, I follow bacl btw. ajackson254

John Summers
@john-summers
11 years ago
8 posts

Hey guys.

Thanks for the responses. I'm definitely looking to find a good team of people to help run the account and spread the word on Instagram. Like Melony and Ixchel said, there a few dreadie IGs that I folllow. But Melony is right, none of the are offer advice on dreadlocks health. So, I think we should!

Thank you Melony for offering to help. I'm definitely going to be contacting you as we move forward. We could collaborate on a description to put on the account and figuring out all the details.

Anyone else who would like to help, let me know. All help is appreciated.

Bless!

John

P.S. my IG is @dreadheadman.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form