Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dawn soap?

Bode Shackelford
@bode-shackelford
11 years ago
14 posts
So I have had dreadlocks for about 6 months now and for about 4 of those months I used the baking soda and acv rinse but I started using dawn instead because it was easier so is that bad? Do I need to stop? Please help
updated by @bode-shackelford: 01/13/15 09:59:39PM
Rafael Rodriguez
@rafael-rodriguez
11 years ago
41 posts

Well I know someone with the longest locs I have seen in person, she trims them often so they dont drag on the floor but they are still past her butt and she is tall. She told me she washes her hair with dawn soap, the blue one. With locs that long, she must of have had them for decades and they are very, very healthy. So if I am to base my answer on that then yes, it is safe to use it. But if you just want organic stuff then that is not the soap for you.

Bode Shackelford
@bode-shackelford
11 years ago
14 posts
Thank you for the answer and no I'm not looking for anything special I just want a good shampoo that will keep my dreads smelling goods dirt free and healthy
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its great for removing wax but i would thingk a ph ballanced dread shampoo would certainly be better dawn acceptible in a pinch if theres no other option but fortunately there are other options

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form