Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sard Wonder Soap????

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

i saw this soap recently in the laundry aisle. I imagine it will be a little harsh, but says on the packet, great in hard water, so perhaps I could use a little bit. Does anyone know much about these cleaning agents?

Sodium Soap Cleaning agent
Water Maintains product consistency
Eucalyptus Globulus Oil Fragrance, cleaning aid
Sodium Dodecyl Benzene Sulfonate Cleaning agent
Cocamide DEA Cleaning agent
Magnesium sulfate heptahydrate Cleaning agent enhancer
Titanium Dioxide White dye
Antioxidants Maintains product freshness

updated by @tim5: 02/14/15 10:44:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

umm why would u use that instead of a shampoo?

1 person ised a laundry soap to remove wax but dried the hell outta her hair

i dont think id even experiment with that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Just trying to find a cheap option, I'm broke and nearly out of DLS. I know I could use BS/ACV and probably will.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Yeah, I know, haha. Twas just a thought. Theres gotta be something thats nice and doesn't cost so much. I love DLS but it cost me $70 to get it to me, that using the shipping to its full, so I get 4 bars for that.

A Heart On Fire said:

yeah man, titanium dioxide doesn't sound like it belongs in human hair :p
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
I think lush does some shampoo bars but I don't know how they compare to DLS but most of their stuff is great, I've only ever seen one store in aus though so you might have to get it online
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

according to lushes president no lush bars are techicalt dread safe

i know some ppl use them ..certain ones im not sure wich but when heather (i think it was her) contacted them the president of the company (believe it or not) wrote her back saying no lush bars should be concidered safe for dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

There is a lush store in Adelaide, I rang them today, the bars are $14, and are smaller than DLS. I guess dread shampoo is expensive. Home made would be best. I can live with a bit of residue, so maybe some other shampoo bar will have to do, and just do a deep clean with Sard once a year, I dunno.

peace

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

People have been growing life long dreads without dread soap for centuries. I spoke with a fella the other day, he must had had dread for twenty plus years, he had never heard of dread shampoo, gave me a bit of perspective. My old dreads smelled like old carpet, and thats not why I cut them off. Have I become too precious?

peace

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

I have been using Pantene clarifying shampoo. It says residue free and is supposed to be for "natural" hair. So far I really like it and have had no issues or build up. I'm almost through a whole bottle and shampoo every 2-3 days. It was like $5. I also found another company that sells dread shampoo bars. You got 3 for $9. They were all natural too. If you want I'll look up the web page for you.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Thanks Brandi. I really need a cheaper option. The DLS bars are really the best for sure, but when broke, what do I do? I am looking into shipping by sea at the moment for the DLS, I might be able to stretch the budget after January.
Brandi Wilson said:

I have been using Pantene clarifying shampoo. It says residue free and is supposed to be for "natural" hair. So far I really like it and have had no issues or build up. I'm almost through a whole bottle and shampoo every 2-3 days. It was like $5. I also found another company that sells dread shampoo bars. You got 3 for $9. They were all natural too. If you want I'll look up the web page for you.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form