Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Looking to start my journey

Landon
@landon
11 years ago
2 posts
Hello my names Landon and I've been thinking of starting my dread journey for some time now. I'm considering the natural method. I've had people tell me that my hair won't dread it will only get mated. I have fairly curly hair and think my hair will dread. Is there a certain way while using the natural method to help my hair not to mat together instead of dread and is their a difference between the two? If anyone has any tips to help me start my journey I would be very appreciative to hear them. Thank you.
updated by @landon: 01/13/15 09:59:34PM
CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Hello there, Im glad to hear you want to go the natural method, its one of the healthiest and fastest methods. :) Technically you could call dreads matts, (but personally that pisses me off because it sounds offensive) but all dreads/mats are, is knots. Knots that are created by the friction your hair makes from moving up against other pieces of hair. So I guess there isnt much of a difference. I have noticed that a lot of African people say that white hair cannot dread, only mat, however this is false.
All to need to do to help your natural dreadies be on there way is to wash and separate. :) I hope I've answered all your questions well enough, good luck and happy dreading! :)

Landon
@landon
11 years ago
2 posts
Thank you for your help in starting my journey today is day one and I'm stoked to see how things go. Any suggestions on what to wash dreads with? I currently wash my hair with Dr. Bronners magic soap stuffs amazing. Thanks again
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ifg you have sift water bronners is fine but dilute it 12 times more water then soap if you have hard water www.dreadlockshampoo.com is best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
11 years ago
58 posts
Be ontop of the separation so they don't hurt your scalp when locking up occurs, hope to see your dreads someday.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form