Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sectioned Neglect?

R G
@r-g
11 years ago
2 posts

Hello all, first time poster but I've read a bit here and there on the site. I started my journey about 2 months ago, went pure neglect from the start. What happened was I got sick of ripping 4-7 potential dreads from one giant knot every morning and I decided to go get my hair sectioned. I have about 36 sections and I do like the size of them. My initial thought was just section and let them go but I changed up and backcombed about 10 of them to see how they look. I do like them, but I don't want to go through that with all of them. It's been almost 2 weeks since having the rubber bands put in and though he told me they'll snap when they're ready I've read a lot about problems down the line if I leave them in too long.

Basically what I'm asking, how long can I leave them in for without risking losing progress? The 10 that I backcombed can probably handle themselves at this point, but the ones I didn't are starting to loop and curl themselves now, probably will take another month, maybe two until they can stay locked with the rubber bands out.

Thanks in advance.

updated by @r-g: 01/13/15 09:59:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

take them out they arent helping and even after just days your undoing knots when u remove them

they will be fine some may resection more naturaly (forced sectioning may result in splitting dreads as they reject the sectioning and try to revert to natural sectiions)

if anything put a bead in instead

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
R G
@r-g
11 years ago
2 posts

Thank you I appreciate it, I had a feeling I should take them out, will do that over the weekend.

soaring eagle said:

take them out they arent helping and even after just days your undoing knots when u remove them

they will be fine some may resection more naturaly (forced sectioning may result in splitting dreads as they reject the sectioning and try to revert to natural sectiions)

if anything put a bead in instead

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form