Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2 1/2 months natural dreads starting to drive me crazy!!!!!

starvirgo
@starvirgo
11 years ago
4 posts

HELP!! It's been about 2 1/2 months since I brushed my hair. I use Dr Bronners to wash a few times a week and separate the babies once or twice a day. I think that I have reached the rat's nest stage, and it is driving me CRAZY!! Sometimes I feel my hair and just have to sigh to myself....it just feels like a ratted up mess around the nape of my neck. HOW LONG WILL THIS LAST?? I'm starting to understand why this is called a dread journey, because it is testing me in so many ways. Words of encouragement, a little advice, maybe your personal story, it would all be so helpful. I'll attach a few photos at 2 months. Thank you all so very much!! PLUR

updated by @starvirgo: 05/24/17 04:20:17AM
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

I suggest finding yourself a dreaded role model!! someone whos hair is similar to yours and that you would aspire to look like! this may help you when you grow weary of the messiness. trust me im quite sick of mine right now, but I know if I put up with it, it will be well worth the wait..

And if it makes you feel any better, your hair doesn't look anything like a rats nest... id bet it will get worse before it gets better.. lol its like golf..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it doesnt look like you have alot to seperate i think you maybe over seperating?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
starvirgo
@starvirgo
11 years ago
4 posts

Thank you all for your words. This is the first I've heard of over separating, so maybe I'll back off of that for awhile.

Ashley Hendren
@ashley-hendren
11 years ago
6 posts

Hi, I'm only a week and a half in and I feel the same. But I just don't know what to expect or do. But don't give up! Is your hair usually super straight and stringy?

starvirgo
@starvirgo
11 years ago
4 posts

It's usually wavy and very fine. I think it's just hard to let go of doing anything to it. Just think, shitty looking hair for a year or so, then beautiful locks for life!! I will not give up!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form