Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tea Tree Oil and Soap

Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

So I apologize ahead of time if this has been asked before but I have two questions.

1: Tea tree oil. What's the best method to put it in my hair. I diluted it, a lot, after washing my hair and put it in. Should I spray it instead?

2: Dr. Bronners Soap. I am using the unscented baby-mild one because I didn't want a scent. It was the only unscented. How diluted should it be? I did around 1-12 or 15 ish. Just kind of guessed. My hair was oily though after washing it. It just feels like I haven't showered in a week. Not really what I'm go for here.

Thanks in advance for an advice you all give me. =]

updated by @rain-gnome: 01/13/15 09:59:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

teatreee u can put on in water spray on or apply direct

bronners should be 12 times more water then soap

if you feel oily or sticky ..its your water and u cannot use bronners even at 40-1 dilutions

bronners wont rinse in hard water

you need www.dreadlockshampoo.com its as pure natural and ethical as bronners

but made for hard water

theres an unscented

but the scented ones are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing i dont know why youd want unscented (people cary the bars in thier pockets for weeks b4 using or sleep with them by thier beds and once used they say the bathrooms the best smelling room in the house

oh wow that was alotta oooo's in soooooooo but they are desserving of each and every 1 of them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

Thanks! I washed my hair again tonight because I just couldn't stand it. It felt way too gross. It seems I just didn't dilute it enough when I washed it yesterday. We'll see for sure in the morning though if that's the real problem. If I'm having the same problem tomorrow I'll try out your suggestion.

I got unscented because I figured the tea tree oil would be enough and I didn't want to be a walking perfume store. Haha. I didn't know how scented the soap would really be and didn't think my first try at using the stuff was the best time to experiment, if that makes sense.

Thank you for all of your advice and suggestions.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i always used the teatree 1 anyway so no point in adding teatree

you can google "hard water map" and check your towns water hardness if your over moderately hard stop the bronners

--
Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

I did not know that was possible! Awesome! Thanks for that bit of info. I'm checking it out now.

Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

Dang. It turns out my area has some of the hardest water in the country. There's my problem. Looks like I'm switching to the other one you suggested.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you'll love the diference and yea as soon as u said how it felt i knew u had pretty hard water

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form