Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair Maintenance

Morey
@morey
11 years ago
15 posts

So I am about I'd say just over a month of neglect. My hair is still fairly short, barely about 3 inches, but I have been taking Biotin every day and so I am not worried to as how long my hair will grow to the recommended 5/6 inches to start locing up. I have a few questions, as what is considered "hard water"? Is it the content in it, like if they put chlorine in the water. Also I exercise basically everyday and I sweat when doing my cardio particularly, and I'm wondering if that will harm the process of neglect rather than help it. Considering my hair gets sweaty and I wash only about once a week, is that bad? The smell isn't bad so no worry about the washing once a week, but in terms of the actual sweat hurting the process should I wash more frequently like every 4 days? I have recently bought a bottle of shampoo from dreadlocksshampoo and I have yet to use it as I am still about 4 days till my personal scheduled hair wash, but a question regarding the shampoo, should I still rinse with ACV after? I switched to the shampoo because I believe my scalp is a bit too dry with the BS and I want to get rid of this small dandruff issue. No itchiness surprisingly but I don't like wearing black clothing and any touch to my head creates a small fall of dried skin. So I will probably start doing ACV rinse only once every two weeks, but should i still do it now that I have the shampoo? Also I live in a mountainous region, and so it's pretty windy and at times at night it can get cold. I've read that sometimes humidity can affect the process? Or something in that way. It doesn't rain much considering it is kind of like a desert, but in winter it can get rainy time to time randomly. Thanks for the help!

updated by @morey: 01/13/15 09:59:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the shampoo should help washing once or twice a weeks fine

hard water has to do with mineral content its not added its in the water table google hard water map if you have moderate or harder its hard

its calcium lime rust other heavy minerals not clorine or flotride

acv isnt needed but can be used if desired

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Morey
@morey
11 years ago
15 posts

Oh dang, I actually get water from a well so it is decently rich in minerals, so if the water is rich in minerals it makes it hard for the hair to loc up?

Morey
@morey
11 years ago
15 posts

also is there any way to make the water less harder? If that's even possible. Considering the options of getting water where I live basically all the same.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well

google your area to make sure i mean well or city waters not the issue its the water tyle in the area

or well here

if your yellow your fine

orange borderliner the rest no

it doesnt make it hard to lock up

it makes dr bronners and others like it not work right

soaps harder to rinse

u can:

get a water softener

distill the water

boil it then pour off the top leaving the bottom

get a shower head filter

--