Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wich is worse knottyboy or dreadheadhq?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

which dreadlocks company is worse knottyboy or dreadheadhq?

i always believed it was dreadheadhq due to the fact that they use so many scumbag marketing tactics and recommend extremely destructive tools and methods as ways to "fix" dreads that are dreading perfectly.

knottyboys products (except the wax) are less harmful, and are more natural, but knottyboy recommends using 'plenty of wax" and "palm rolling the s____ out of them till you feel heat"

dreadheadhq on the other hand recommends not over waxing, despite the fact the amount they recommend is alot and they blame overwaxing for problems when only 1/4 of the recommended amount was used.

it is clear that jonny clean of dreadheadhq is the most skilled liar and scam artist. and dreadheadhq sells and recommends the most harmful products and methods, but is knottyboy really any better?

both knottyboy and dreadheadhq are in a position to make an impact on the health of millions of dreadlocks worldwide. shouldn't they also have a responsibility then to provide truthful and reliable information on proper dreading?

i wonder why neither site cares about the reputation they are earning.

which site do you believe is the worse site for dreadlocks info?

whos products and methods are worse?

which site, knottyboy or dreadheadhq do you believe has done the most harm? to yourself? or to the entire dread community as a whole?

besides the obvious issues of wax destroying dreads, what else these sites recomend do you believe has done the most harm? (products or methods)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:59:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

oh man they do look horible

--
phil3
@phil3
11 years ago
5 posts
I almost did. Knotty boy method ... So. Happy I didn't . Waste of $ and time . Dreading should be free ! !!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

free...and easy

no instructional dvd needed

--
phil3
@phil3
11 years ago
5 posts
Ppl don't understand . They're used to seeing nice neat , even dreads . So they are drawn to those sites that promise dreads almost immediately . U can get dreads that way , but why ..? So u can look like everyone else that has dreads .? I'm proud to say their is not one othe person in this world that has dreads like mine . All different shapes and sizes . Different lengths .. Plus the congos that form that change you hair even mor e ! I started with like 40 dreads ... 3-4 years later I have like 12-14 . Fatties ... Nobody got them like mine . Go to a salon and a million ppl got your dreads . Same exact . I don't wanna follow ... I am me ...and my hair , wether u like it or not ... Makes me ... Me .
phil3
@phil3
11 years ago
5 posts
Stop wax ... Stop palm rolling ... Foget you have hair for about a year .. Wash a few rtimes a month . Wear a hat or a hood . .. Take hat or hood off inna year .. bam dreads !
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yep although the hat slows progress

its true nobody has dreads like mine especialy after letting them congo

your dreads should suite you ..not the "installers portfolio"

that term "installing dreads" makes me cringe

--
Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

just checked out drdread... man i think they may be worse than both knotty boy and dreahead hq

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

now i dont believe these guys are worse, but since this was at the top of the page and somewhat relevant i decided to post it here instead of starting a new discussion

i got contacted by dreadstuff.com (who also has a salon seienstyle.net) who wanted to advertise here (i added an ad slot to help cover the cost of the seo to get our trafic back)

this was my reply

hello, typically we get a lot of traffic, being the most popular and trustworthy dread site . however over the past month traffics fallen off a lot due to google updates, this is why we are offering the ad spot to raise funds to get us back on top where we need to be.
however here is the dilemma... you sell wax.. wax is the number 1 dread killer.. a scam.. and absolutely ruins dreads.
we normally would never allow any ads for harmful products or services. this is why we are so well respected. we need to get back on top to help prevent people from buying wax and screwing up their dreads.
before i could even accept an ad from you, i would have to discuss it with the community and get their opinions on it.
but so far they have made it clear they would rather make huge donations, that they can hardly afford, then accept any money from sites selling wax. since most are former wax victims, they are highly motivated to keep wax out of other peoples dreads and spread the truth before people make that mistake.
so instead of saying no outright..i said id leave it up to you guys (since we are pretty desperate) but i hope the wording made it plenty clear its highly doubtful without venturing into being insulting (however i bet i get a reply like i was trying to be insulting)

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form