Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Desperate Fool

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
11 years ago
164 posts

Okay so... don't hate me, please spare me the lecture. Please.

But recently I went to a salon *merely* because I have no one to help me w a starter method. I had to cut my dreads last year bc I was not maintaining the few I had and the were not fixable. Anyway... I only had them backcombed. But I went back bc I needed major help w separation and I thought she was putting a rinsable cream in my hair but it was an emulsifier. Please please please tell me this shit washes out??

http://www.wigtypes.com/bb_tropical_roots_twist_cream_6oz.php?gclid=CKKK96C4s7oCFa8-MgodzBoAEw

I already feel like a fool. I do not want to cut my hair so hoping someone can help :/ I am so sad...

updated by @heathen-hippie-o: 01/13/15 09:59:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

can u list the ingredients

and

from now on b4 u even think of going to a salon ..come jere for advice

we could have helped u save the 1st set

and fix the seperatin on this set

your not black right? shes a complete idiot to use stuff formulated for african hair on you

it doesnt seem too bad but i cant tell without ingredients

worse case wax b gone or an anti residue shampoo will get it out

now

i am going to give ya not actualy a lecture but your pennence (whatever that word is you can tell i never stepped foot into a church willingly)

chant i will not mess with my dreads 100 times

and since your fave sites hurting bad and in need of help

donate 10% of what you wasted in the 2 visits to the salon to the save dreadlockssite fund

(u got off easy 18th century monks would have you flogging yourself for hours for such a transgression )

(all meant in good fun no offence hehe lovin u)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

act of contrition thats what i meant whatever that means lol

but yea the only way to be sure how safe that was is to see ingredients lists

--
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
11 years ago
164 posts

I did come here last year before cutting my hair... I got lots of advice on how to untangle the unsalvageable TnR but I couldn't for the life of me get it out. Nothing. I think the knot was too tight and wasn't moving.

I can't remember all the ingredients, can't find a list. And these are not the first ones listed so not the major major ingredients (except petrolatum, it was #2), but here is what I remember: Petrolatum, beeswax (#5 or 6 on the list?), castor oil, coconut oil.

And nope I am not black. Caucasian >_<

I will donate. But can you msg me with an address?

soaring eagle said:

can u list the ingredients

and

from now on b4 u even think of going to a salon ..come jere for advice

we could have helped u save the 1st set

and fix the seperatin on this set

your not black right? shes a complete idiot to use stuff formulated for african hair on you

it doesnt seem too bad but i cant tell without ingredients

worse case wax b gone or an anti residue shampoo will get it out

now

i am going to give ya not actualy a lecture but your pennence (whatever that word is you can tell i never stepped foot into a church willingly)

chant i will not mess with my dreads 100 times

and since your fave sites hurting bad and in need of help

donate 10% of what you wasted in the 2 visits to the salon to the save dreadlockssite fund

(u got off easy 18th century monks would have you flogging yourself for hours for such a transgression )

(all meant in good fun no offence hehe lovin u)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

theres a donation thingy over there above the activity feed (just added)

yea your going to need the wax b gone

i would advise you to call the salon bitch them out nicely explain why wax is horible for dreads and petroleum based waxes the worse of the worse

then i would ask for them to pay for the wax b gone as well as at least a partial refund (they will never learn till it impacts thier walets) wax b gone hasnt been tested on petroleum based products but since its also a wax id think its your best bet possibly followed by a anti residue clarifying shampoo

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form