Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dyeing Dreads with Hibiscus Tea

DreadyKat
@dreadykat
11 years ago
12 posts

I recently dyed part of my dreads with henna and indigo. The colour turned out a very warm brown.I would prefer some burgundy tones. I read online that strained hibiscus tea can be repeatively sprayed on hair tocreatea burgundy shade. Would hibiscus tea be safe to spray on mydreadlocks or could this cause buildup?

updated by @dreadykat: 01/13/15 09:59:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it should be fine

hibiscus tea has medicinal properties that im not sure if they would absorb through the skin or not i think its sedative or something to do with nerves but cant remember

i just remember using it in 1 of my strange brews long ago

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Snilla
@snilla
11 years ago
9 posts

I've tried to rinse my dreads with hibiscus and rosehip tea just to see if it would make any difference and well, I wouldn't want to leave it in the hair tbh without rinsing. I've noticed that if I let it dry with the tea still in the dreads the ends are like glued together so not sure I would just want to let it sit there without properly rinsing. However I imagine that it gives the hair a nice shine but not much difference in the colour.

If you want some more red tones in your hair why not just do another henna? Henna will build up in colour but it can't make it lighter so for example on dark brown hair it won't go copper - but will give it more red shades and reflects. Make a strand test if possible tho before you go ahead:)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form