Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3 1/ months - Loose, fuzzy hairs normal?

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Hey guys and gals!

As I have said in previous posts, I have to keep my hair in a tight bun with all sorts of bobby pins for 18 hours per week. I just got a second job so that's even more hours in this bun, along with when I practice yoga. I have noticed that my baby dreads are beginning to look more loose, almost starting to look like "normal" hair again! They are also becoming very fuzzy. I began the dreading process 3 and a half months ago.

I don't mind at all if this is apart of the process, but I was worried if this isn't part of the process and that I'm damaging them?

updated by @meg5: 01/13/15 09:58:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it is part of the process but your not helping things at all

are you 100% sure that a tight buns the only option? and why boby pins dreads are perfect for tying themselves up using nothing but dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Thank you, I do feel better now knowing that it is apart of the process.
I hate having to tie them up all of the time, but my boss is very strict and everyone has their hair up in ponytails/buns (I work in food). If I wear them in a ponytail, would that be a little better?

I could try to not use the bobby pins, but I am worried that my other job (which is in retail) will think it's too sloppy. They told me that I need to keep them VERY neat.
I have tried tying them up with themselves, but they're not strong or long enough yet; they have shrunk a lot.
I understand that this will slow down things, but will this be significant damage? Now thinking about it, I'm definitely going to lay off the bobby pins!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

pony tails def better especialy if somewhat loose

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Wonderful! I will definitely try this :) I hope you know just how thankful I am for your patience and generosity in answering all of my questions, I know I ask a lot. You are truly incredible. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form