Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Introduction and question on rubberbands

Josh dodson
@josh-dodson
14 years ago
7 posts
Hello everyone my name is Josh and this is my first post. I really think this is an awesome site it has alot of helpful information. I just started my dreads alittleover a month ago and they are baby baby dreads just four inches.I wentwith the backcombing method no waxall natural, but I was wonderingI still have my rubberbands in should I take them out or leave them?
updated by @josh-dodson: 01/13/15 08:30:46PM
Josh dodson
@josh-dodson
14 years ago
7 posts
Even as short as they are do you think they will be okay?
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
I backcombed mine 7 weeks ago, didnt use rubber bands at all and they seem to be doing very well, so id say take em out as they dont do much at all. Just remmember to keep em clean and rip/seperate often( like once or twice a week) the wetter the better when ripping, as hair is more elastic when wet...Just out of curiosity... are you starting to get alot of loops with the bands in?
Josh dodson
@josh-dodson
14 years ago
7 posts
No but I only put one rubberband at the end of the dread and not at the root. ratcakie said:
I backcombed mine 7 weeks ago, didnt use rubber bands at all and they seem to be doing very well, so id say take em out as they dont do much at all. Just remmember to keep em clean and rip/seperate often( like once or twice a week) the wetter the better when ripping, as hair is more elastic when wet...Just out of curiosity... are you starting to get alot of loops with the bands in?
Josh dodson
@josh-dodson
14 years ago
7 posts
So I took the rubberbands out they got alittle bit of humps but I figure they will come out. I got another question, I have been washing my hair with the dr bronner's, but know that I have the bands out what is the safest way to wash?
Boobie
@boobie
14 years ago
37 posts
just wash how you normally do. ive had my dreads for almost a month and they are really short dreads. i took the rubber bands out after a week and i also wash with dr. bronners once a week. my dreads are getting better and better and locking up quite nicely. just dnt worry about it and have patience. everything will work out great! Josh dodson said:
So I took the rubberbands out they got alittle bit of humps but I figure they will come out. I got another question, I have been washing my hair with the dr bronner's, but know that I have the bands out what is the safest way to wash?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form