Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

roots and congos

Olivia Alger
@olivia-alger
11 years ago
16 posts

do you guys recommend twisting and rubbing the roots of new dreads to make them tighten up quicker? i've heard that this can cause your hairs to uproot which is damaging.

also, i have some dreads that were sectioned bad...should i cut the hairs that are part of the other dread to keep the sectioning right?

thanks again for your advice!

updated by @olivia-alger: 01/13/15 09:58:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no and no!

never force the roots to tighten i=or it will cause traction alopecia root and scalp damage etc

and no never cut the hairs just pull the dreads away from eachother popping the connecred hairs ..do it while wet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Muruga Das
@muruga-das
11 years ago
6 posts
I did so in the beginning fortunately my hair is thick and wavy so when I saw the results of the locks which were left alone I knew I had to lay off completely.
CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

I wouldnt bother with root rubbing, the effects of it do not last and besides; frizzys are gunna frizz. Just let it be. Root rubbing can also cause baldness, increase in dandruff, and other problems listed by Soaring Eagle ^^. This is a great thread about thighting dreads..
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/tightening-dreads-at-the-roots?xg_source=activity

Olivia Alger
@olivia-alger
11 years ago
16 posts

Thanks! that was my thread! :) I just have had some questions since then as well in terms of root rubbing, etc. i have noticed that some of my hairs have uprooted as i stated before...i'm not sure if this is from root rubbing, or something else...hopefully it will work itself out!

CoriElaine said:

I wouldnt bother with root rubbing, the effects of it do not last and besides; frizzys are gunna frizz. Just let it be. Root rubbing can also cause baldness, increase in dandruff, and other problems listed by Soaring Eagle ^^. This is a great thread about thighting dreads..
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/tightening-dreads-at-the...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form