dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Month old dreads - wax recovery

Johnie Kraning
@johnie-kraning
11 years ago
3 posts

hey guys,
like so many others i found this site way later than i wish.
so i took some advice from people who seemed to know what they were talking about/done it before...
now ive spent a little over a month with wax and other dread head hq methods. I waxed maybe 5 or 6 times, palm rolled every couple days and back combed 3 times. But i think one of the worst tips i was given was tight rubber bands at the tips of them all. now my hair is twisted and knotted in some nasty ways. and its sort of more established in individual, tiny dreads then i would expect for this early. i was considering just starting over... but when i tried with coconut oil and a brush i just ended up pulling out massive amounts of hair because of the way its knotted.

so i have been pulling my hair apart to wash out the wax with hot water and wax removal to try to make sure its all out. but its hard to know whether or not ive really gotten it all.
my hair seems to be dreading in some funky ways. lots of loops and knots and clumps especially near the tips where the rubber bands were. my hair is normally fairly wavy, but not this much... im just not sure how much of it is a result of the way i started and how much of it is just part of the natural progression, or maybe even just for my hair type.
I have also considered trimming the ends where it is clumped up, to make sure i get rid of any nasty was spots because my hair is about 12-14 inches long so i have some length to spare.
any thoughts?? thanks guys!

updated by @johnie-kraning: 01/13/15 09:58:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

how are you removing wax?

the wax b gone should penetrate and get those clumps out

if u did brush them out do it slow and gentle only work on the last 1/2 inch thats knotted

it can take a long time to brush them out but going slow will result in least harm done

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form