Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is the baking soda/vinegar combo really the best?

Dakota DeMarco
@dakota-demarco
11 years ago
3 posts
I've been dreading for about 4-5 months, and i've been reading that its good and bad for you. Should I use this method or invest in actual shampoo?
updated by @dakota-demarco: 02/14/15 04:17:03AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its good especialy for early neglect since u dont scrub

the www.dreadlockshampoo.com soaps are healthier though

baking soda is a deep clean thats exfoliating but its a lil harsh too

you dont mix the acv and baking soda though they are used sepertely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dakota DeMarco
@dakota-demarco
11 years ago
3 posts
Thanks a lot and yea i used them separately a few times but wasn't sure if i should continue using them
Amanda12
@amanda12
11 years ago
46 posts

Im at 16 months neglect and Ive never bought dread shampoo just bs then acv. Ive also used diluted head and shoulders for dandruff (dont really recomend). 11 months in I added tea tree oil to ease my mind about lice and mold. 13 months in I decided to add rosemary to help dandruff, it alone works better than the head and shoulders, but hasn't cured it so I'm looking for other oils that might smell good with that blend and also help dandruff. But I have noticed no funky anything at all. I know I've heard of build up with sadly all shampoos, but rinsing could be a factor in the problem

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

Baking soda and ACV made my hair feel like straw. The Dreadlocks Shampoo Bars make my hair feel great and smell wonderful

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

It's not bad, the Baking Soda is just very basic and you need to balance it out with JUST a tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar (I used to use a couple TBS, not tps, and my progress stopped completely because the weight and conditioning that ACV provides).

I only use bs/acv these days; if I use a regular natural shampoo bar I get all sorts of lumps of dandruff; sometimes I can manage doing 2 bs/acv washes then a shampoo bar wash and repeat. The feeling bs/acv gives me after the wash is just an incredibly clean scalp. I also use tea tree, peppermint, and rosemary (5 drops/10 drops/10 drops respectively).

Dakota DeMarco
@dakota-demarco
11 years ago
3 posts
Thanks for the reply, but how much baking soda should i use? I read once that you should use 1 cup of bs mixed into 2 cups of water.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what? nooo thats way off 1 cup to 10 cups or 1/2 to 5

1/10th to 1 cup

its a 1 to 10 ratio

if u mix 1 to 2 youd have a thick paste not a rinse

i saw 1 guy on youtube make a paste like that his roots were snow white to an inch from the scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
phil3
@phil3
11 years ago
5 posts
Just leave your hair alone ... Forget u even have it , you'll be better off than listening to all this bullshit .
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Surely knowing how to wash your dreads and keep them clean and healthy is a good idea?

phil said:

Just leave your hair alone ... Forget u even have it , you'll be better off than listening to all this bullshit .
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form