Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need opinions on new site feature

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

the forum and blog commenting styles going to be a bit diferent in the dreadlockssite 3.0

groups ofcourse can choose any style they want but i want a uniform style for the main site

the 3 choices are

flat standard and threaded

flat style alows only sequential replies to the original post no replies to replies

threaded on the other hand is in my opinion a pain in the ass and on mobile/tablet it reverts to standard for display reasons

but threaded would look like

reply 1

reply 1 to reply 1

reply 2 to reply 1

reply 1 to reply 2 to reply 1

reply 2

reply 1 to reply 2

up to 10 levels deep once you reach 10 levels of replies to a reply you have to reply to the post or a reply a level lower i find it annoying as hell

standard on the other hand loojs like

reply 1

all replies to reply 1 no matter how deep they go with no limits and at top says who they are replying to

personaly i prefer our option we have here with flat style with quotes but thats not an option.at least not yet

you can try the diferent styles here

http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com/groups/beta-test-group/flat

flat style

http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com/groups/beta-test-group/standard

standard

http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com/groups/beta-test-group/threaded

threaded

note we also have 2 other options that are not good options for the main site but maybe great for a group or 2

facebook and disguss commenting

you cannot use them with the native comments so people who comment would have to have facebook or disguss accounts to use it

but it does open up an opurtuninty for discussion with non members

so try out the diferent options and vote for your faves

if 1 is particularly annoying let us know..and why

try them out on mobile too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:58:46PM
Kenny2
@kenny2
11 years ago
4 posts

I'd say standard is way better than threaded.

either that or flat!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

agree completely tho flat only alows responce to the post itself not to replies

im hoping that eventualy we can get something closer to what we got here

but ill use the standard for now

ps you can also change wether ppl can edit comments options are full edit none or only for 15 minutes after posting

for main site i chose 15 minutes since u donrt want spammers putting up legit posts then going back a day or 2 later and editing with spam and u dont want people changing replies months later

but in groups you can give full edit privileges for like ongoing timelines or whatever purposes you want

--
mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

i agree. standard or flat.

i kinda wish it was laid out like many other forums (like dreadlocktruth for example) its just much easier to navigate, and faster.

either way though im happy, if i only cared about the layout i wouldnt be here.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

what about the layout in particylar i think they only have titles displayed in the list no details? thats an option

there are thinfs we can change

but keep in mind its a social network..with a forium and a blog etc

its not just a forum like dlt so its not really dsesigned as a forum 1st platform even though we use the forum as our main feature

in .0 groups are likely to be a much bigger feature then they are now and since once the events are added we can have multiple event types with catagories listings hopefult that will gwt alot more use too

forums will alweays be the big main feature but in 3.0 everything will be expanded forums too so it will be much more wide open

--
mortaskuld
@mortaskuld
11 years ago
27 posts

i didnt even think of that. kinda just use this website as a forum. maybe because its so slow on my computer.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form