Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Pre-Dreading Preps

Nada Sheppard
@nada-sheppard
11 years ago
5 posts
Hi all! I joined last summer when I decided I wanted to grow out some dreads. I hid my brush and just avoided looking in mirrors for three months.After three months, I decided that it wasn't appropriate at my workplace to continue -- as you can imagine, my hair was pretty unkept looking and I was getting some comments from coworkers. I decided that, since I would be home on mat leave for a year (Canada) I would start them then.So I went home that afternoon and brushed my hair and to my shock and fury, I discovered that after washing my hair only every couple of days, and not brushing it for over three full months, there wasn't a single s
updated by @nada-sheppard: 01/13/15 09:58:45PM
Nada Sheppard
@nada-sheppard
11 years ago
5 posts
(Shoot! Hit the wrong key. I'm trying to do this on my phone!)...there wasn't a single solitary knot anywhere in my hair. Nothing. No snags, no twists, nothing. My hair had seperated somewhat but had not formed any knots at all.So I'm due to have my baby any day now, and once he's born (I hope to use hair brushing as a pain coping technique since I find it very relaxing) I plan to start the dreading process again. But I was really disappointed by the no-progress made in my first attempt. So I am considering other methods to start (not wax).Last time, I washed my hair 2-3 times per week with Dr. Bronner's Castile soap. I hadn't used anything but Dr. B's for months beforehand so I didn't have any gross buildup to have to contend with. I never used conditioner or brushed my hair the whole time. I knitted wool dread tubes and wore those occasionally. I also regularly pulled my hair back at work, which I won't likely do too often now.I'm considering starting with the twist and rip method, or with the palm role. My hair is just past my shoulders and is wavy. It's very healthy and hasn't been the subject of dyes or chemicals. Like I said, the only thing I put in it is Dr. Bronner's.So what can I do to make my dreads actually grow, instead of just look messy for no reason?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what type water do you have bronners might not have e3ewn the best choice

some people need an extra month or 2

tnr would work fine though

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus