Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Recommended Shampoos?

Olivia Alger
@olivia-alger
11 years ago
16 posts

So I'm not really sure how to tell if a shampoo is "residue free" or not. I'm looking for some cheap options of good shampoo for locks that i could get over the counter at cvs or something. any recommendations?

updated by @olivia-alger: 02/14/15 03:29:52AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

not really anything you can get there

with only a couple exceptions

if you dont have hard water then dr bronners very diluted..if you do have hard water and most ppl do then your options are way more limmited

baking soda and acv thats the only thing you'll find at a local store safe for dreads

www.dreadlockshampoo.com i cant recomend this highly enough its great in any wayer type

most over the counter shampoos sare full of residues conditioning or toxic many all 3 or at least 2

theres 2 anyi residue or residue removing (clarifying) shampoos you can get at a shop but they are some of the most toxic shampoos of all and are only meant to be safely used a few times a year

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I have been looking too, for quite a while, but I don't think there is a good shampoo for dreads that is cheap. Off the shelf undreaded hair shampoo is really hard to wash out, which means it will leave residue. I have used that shampoo before, it is a real pain to get out, and when you use a good shampoo, like Vicki's dreadlockshampoo, you really see what you are paying for. It washes out so easily, it is a delight to wash with, and it goes quite a long way too, so it is not all that expensive in the long run anyway. I guess baking soda and apple cider vinigar is the best cheapest option. I use dreadlockshampoo and I recommend that.

peace

Shay Roach
@shay-roach
11 years ago
2 posts

The liquid shampoo at dreadlockshampoo.com is amazing! I always order the Nag Champa. It lasts me months, works marvels, and leaves my hair smelling incredibly fresh and earthly. I highly recommend it. It comes in a few other scents as well, and is $15 a bottle, but like I said, lasts a while and is sooo worth it :)

~~~~~Keep riding the waves luv~~~~~~

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I do use Vicki's bars...but when I am out (and I am out right now ) I use Kiss My Face brand shampoo. It is called Whenever. It is safe, healthy and has a lovely citrus smell. Someone told me recently that they have seen it at Wallmart but I purchase it from my local health food store. It costs me about $7.

Olivia Alger
@olivia-alger
11 years ago
16 posts

AWESOME! thanks everyone! I have been using the Baking soda and Apple Cider Vinegar a couple times and it does work pretty well. I'll definitely check out dreadlockshampoo also. thanks guys!

G_
@g
11 years ago
18 posts

I use this stuff I get from an this etsy store http://www.etsy.com/shop/nothin2fancy , totally dope dreadlock soap, works awesome for dandruff, and pretty cheap

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
11 years ago
80 posts

I usually use bs/acv, but I got some Avalon Organics to try as I'm about to be on the road again for a little while, and It's not easy to travel with bs and a bottle of acv. Anyone have any experience with Avalon and dreads?

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
11 years ago
235 posts

I am regrowing my hair for dreads, and the options the other listed are fantastic as well. But i am kinda partial to http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/kirk's-original-coco-castile-bar-s...

It has 4 simple ingredients, mainly coconut, an excellent moisturizer for hair. I can get a 3 pack of this stuff at Walmart or grocery store for like 3-4 bucks.

amethyst777
@amethyst777
11 years ago
95 posts

Just ordered 2 bottles of the Dreadlockshampoo from this site!!! I used the dragon's blood, and it was awesome and lasted forever. This time I got the Dragon's Blood and the Patchouli. Can't wait to have good shampoo again. Do give a try, you won't be disappointed!!!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form