Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads dry after baking soda and ACV deep cleanse

DreadyKat
@dreadykat
11 years ago
12 posts

I have had my dreads for two years now. I had been regularly washing and using no wax on my dreads. However my dreads had began to acquire a wet dog smell but only when wet. I tried my first baking soda with ACV deep cleanse. My hair feels cleaner but the deep cleanse has left my dreads dry. I used 3/4 cup of ACV and one quarter of a cup of baking soda. I added peppermint, lavender and tea oil for their anti-bacterial properties. Did I use the right proportion of ingredients? I soaked for 15 minutes then I rinsed the baking/ACV out in the shower.

I have now sprayed my hair with aloe vera and lavender oil. However my dreads are still feeling dry. Would there be any other ingredients I could add to the aloe spray to help moisterise. How often can I deep cleanse?

Cheers

Dreadykat

updated by @dreadykat: 01/13/15 09:58:11PM
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

Did you mix the baking soda and acv together?

DreadyKat
@dreadykat
11 years ago
12 posts

Yes I did mix the baking soda and acv together.

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

If you mix them together it causes a harmful gas. I made a 1 gallon jug and used 1 1/2 cups baking soda and mixed it with water, poured it over my head and let it set for 15-20 minutes. Rinse really well. Then again in a 1 gallon jug I used 4 cap fulls of ACV mixed with water and 10 drops of tea tree oil, let it set for like 5 minutes and rinsed with cold water to close the cuticle. Almost everybody on here love the BS ACV method but I found it really drying to my hair as well. Also, I live in Las Vegas and have hard water...I didn't know but with hard water the baking soda doesn't dissolve properly so I never got that super clean feeling that most get. As far as how often...some people use this method only and wash every 2-3 days. It's your preference as to what you like

DreadyKat
@dreadykat
11 years ago
12 posts

Thanks for you advice and the link Brandi. I will give these methods a try.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form