Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mistakes

Sunny Days
@sunny-days
14 years ago
11 posts
hey just wondering what some mistakes u guys made with your dreads and what to not do or avoid. we all know that wax is hated so lets try not to bring it up. just looking for tips for new dreadheads or just ways that really helped tighten the dreads and keep sections apart. pictures will be really helpful too if have. thanks
updated by @sunny-days: 01/13/15 08:30:44PM
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
dont crochet dont interlock... make sure to rip them often if you dont want congos ummm stay away from conditioner it will make it where it wont get tangled.as for tightening take sea salt and add it to water and spray it on your hair after you shower you could also put some lemon juice in it as that will destroy any unwanted residue from soap and shampoo... make sure to keep your hair clean and pretty much try not to play with it... if you can try and get yourself a wool hat or tam it will help with the tightening process... and make sure to dry your hair before you wear a hat because it will keep your hair from retaining the water it absorbsalso dont blunt the tips it will make it a lot hard for your hair to dry if you do.and thats all i can think of right now
Melanie2
@melanie2
14 years ago
99 posts
Keep 'em clean, stay away from people with lice. Be patient and try not to stress if your dreads don't always look tidy, it's just hair, not the end of the world. : )
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
eh my mistake was salon crap never go to dumb ass salaons for dreadlocks or dreadlock matanince crap.. they just fuck up ur hair with wax/interlocking/twisting and other bullshit they dont give a sht about ur hair all they want is that $$.
Tomasu
@tomasu
14 years ago
66 posts
my mistake which i have only just rectified after 4 and a half months of dreading....washing my hair with Sodium crystals suited for cleaning kitchens and drains as apposed to sodium bicarbonate....no wonder my scalp is red all the time...whoops :P
Nabin Giri
@nabin-giri
14 years ago
12 posts
I got my locks by crocheting and i do not regret it. However, I regret having freaked out when I started seeing those loose hairs that were once locked and had them re-crocheted resulting in some damage. There are still some tiny bits of hair falling off when i palm roll. After researching much in the internet (my only medium), I have figured out that you will always have fuzzies or loose hairs or watever you call them. My fren has locks over 6 yrs old and he too has them. Mine are barely 7 months old. No matter how many loose hairs you have, you will definitely stand out in a crowd and you will find ppl appreciating them more often than not. Just let it grow and take its natural course. Just ensure that you rip them apart once in a while.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I remember palm rolling mine about 6-7months ago,and seeing grinded hair that was just falling apart (mostly at the tips)it couldn't hold there, it was too thin.
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
i did a lot of root rubbing that caused deformed parts in my first set of dreads and as a result you could tell where half the hair in the dread had once died or broken off at one point.
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
a word of advice, velcro is a dreadheads worst enemy, i had sum gloves that done up with velcro at the wrists, I went to wipe sum swet from my brow and next thing i knew, rrrriiipppp, a bib load of losies there now, and prob a heap of broken hair to... stay away from it!!!
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Mistake I made is thinking that dreadlocks are made when really they happen because you stop combing or brushing. You can control how they form but you cant make them.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form