Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stinky/Sour smelling scalp

Karen Guy
@karen-guy
11 years ago
36 posts

So I kissed my little girl goodbye on the head today only to get a smelly almost sourwiff of her scalp. Not wanting to have my daughter be thought of as the little girl with smelly dreads, deepening peoples misconception of dreads(dread are dirty, etc.)pleaseoffer some advice. I have read through many of the old topics and just notsure what it could be coming from. She washes about 2-3weeks & I often help her and really scrub her scalp, because I know she isn't doing it so well. She swims 3x/week with a swim cap and dances also 3x/week, so lots of activity. She is 10 and her dreads are about 2mth along now. Any & all advice welcomed. My son & I are also on this journey, but I have notnoticed the same issues with either of us.

Read more: washing dreadlocks guide - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/washing-dreadlocks-guide#ixzz2fTOLR7ry
the best place for real dreadlocks
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

updated by @karen-guy: 01/13/15 09:57:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

try the dreadlockshampoo soaps they will smell awesome but do u see any scalp issues visible?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Karen Guy
@karen-guy
11 years ago
36 posts

We have been using Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil Shampooand nope, no visible issues.Unlike my son and I which both haveflaky issues, but these were present before we started letting our hair do its thing. I purchased the mention oils for flaky scalp and will try them. I am just most concerned about the stinky scalp on the little ones head at this point.Thanks:)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

try the dreadlockshampoo soaps tit will smell wonderful then

but a scalp smell is the type thing you gotta stick ypur nose up close tp smell not like wax caused dread rot that you can smell across the room so i doubt it will cause any real issues i dont think anyone but you wuill ever notice it

is it the scaqlp or the dreads?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

Could be fungus. It smells a bit like sour cheese. You might need a medicated shampoo to clear it. Also you only shampoo every 2-3 weeks? I would definitely bump that up to at the very least once a week especially with all the activity she's doing.

Karen Guy
@karen-guy
11 years ago
36 posts
Not the dreads, definitely just her scalp that have an odor & yes I have to get my nose right down on her scalp to smell it. We are washing her hair every 2-3 DAYS, NOT weeks just to clarify. We are only about 2mth. in, could she really have mold that quickly? We only wash her hair in the morning so they have all day to dry, just for that reason. I will definitely get some dreadlock shampoo, should we get the liquid? She still has hair that is free and loose from any knots. Thanks again
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form