Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wearing a hat slow or speed prgress of newly forming locks

patrick3
@patrick3
11 years ago
10 posts

i work in a restaurant so i have to keep my hair contained half the day 5-6 days a week. my boss lets me and a friend who already has locks wear tams, and not the standard uniform hat everyone else wears.mine is a crocheted sort of tam kinda thingy it was too big to be a beanie and just worked out to fit my hair in the back so i used it because it was free. i was just wondering some opinions on whether this might help my progress or if i need to quit my job and move to the forest. it just seems to me that not being in a hat, being able to move the hair would knot faster. i have read several posts saying not to mess with hair that it is just hindering or undoing knotting etc, didn't know if my hat might be undoing knots or helping them. maybe time to invest in a bigger hat so my hair can wiggle and twist around more while wearing it? any time spent with advice is appreciated. thanks people

updated by @patrick3: 01/13/15 09:57:56PM
Amanda12
@amanda12
11 years ago
46 posts

It might even help knot, if its not tight, every time you take it off you're going to need to separate and everytime you separate you risk un doing some knots but its worth it unless you want mega locs. The fact that your job is willing to bend the dress code is great, so unless you hate your job I don't think I'd go running to the woods like a wild man!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

quitting your job and moving to the woods sounds good

but if big enough its probly fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
patrick3
@patrick3
11 years ago
10 posts

thanks guys, i appreciate it always. think im just gonna upgrade to a bigger hat. probably eventually end up in the woods anyways

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form