@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

we used to do contests and giveaways fairly often but havent in awhile

well that will change today

i havent yet gotten a responce from vicki yet so i cant commit to the prizes

but i was thinking along these lines

either

1 of every product offered by dreadlockshampoo (not including bucks county soap factory, only those products on dreadlockshampoo.com and the rot knot wich isnt up yet and any others in development but not yet listed on the site

this is a mega package only availiable to usa residents (possibly canada too id have to check)

this is just my thoughts i still need to see if vicki is willing

if not

a lesser package she agreed to..or

1 tam 1 bead 1 shampoo

the prizes maybe adjusted based on level of participation

ok how do you win?

well with the biggest prizes ofcourse it wont be as easy as some of the others and will have a lil more complicated scoring along with some judging

ok here it is the basics

post informative content

how to guides, what to expect guides etc not just the typical help im having a problem posts

in depth discussions on benifits and drawbacks of methods/maintenance/products etc etc (not limmited to those areas just examples of the in depth detailed content i expect)

share and discuss content on any social network or blogging service

scoring and extra credits

5 points for every informative post deemed worthy of inclusion (based on judges reviews)

1 point for every love (in site like) it receives withoiut any attempts to solicit loves (honour system if anyone requests you love a post for the purposes of winning plz let me know lets keep this organic and fair and based solely on the quality of the content posted not popularity of the poster)

2 points for sharing of any content on fb google + twitter etc etc etc any blogs or social bookmarking sites etc

1/2 a point for evcery like of those shares

1 point for reshares (or retweets) (these we expect you to report honnestly we may verify if needed)

1 point for very comment to those shares

special extra credits :

1 1/2 extra points for posts put on the new site http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com (any category not limmited to dreadlocks but non dread posts only get 1 extra point not 1 1/2)

1 extra point for posts mentioning dreadlockshampoo products with links to those products (limit 1 post 1 point you can't make every post about them to wrack up extra points) (this is subject to vickis approval of the prizes and maybe increased to 3 points if she approves the every product prize)

extra extra credit

any post that reaches position 1 or 2 in google for any related keywords (not your name) for 1 week gets

8 points if average is position 2

10 points if average is position 1

(report any keywords you think maybe eligible and i will monitor)

you are not limited to the number of posts you make but will be expected to respond to them if questions are asked

how to enter and track progress

post your discussion links and social shares here

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/dreadlockssite-news/forum/topics/contest

judges to determine idf content is eligible

myself baba and barellady (sound fair?)

posts should be a minumum of 300 words

no max

as detailed and informative as possible

no cut and paste from other sites alowed you can use them as reference but rewrite it your own way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:57:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

update looks like it will be possibly 3 prizes..monatary amounts so you can choose your products

and maybe better then i expected

--
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Sounds cool, but I think some contests for non-USA residents should be included now and again. Not necessarily products because that costs money, but even just little things so that non-USA residents can feel like they have a chance and can participate properly. Sounds very cool though, and will benefit the site lots :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ok well we can make it open to all and since we are using cash values that will include shipping and products combined

that should solve that

dont quote me on this but

we may do

1st prize

300 $

2nd 200 $

3rd a tam

the cash isnt cash but equive value in products/shipping

id say thats pretty damn generous and a couple years worth of soaps at least

thats just an off the top of our head value though we are still figuring out the exact details once known ill update this and send out a broadcast message to all members

--
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
11 years ago
58 posts
Deadline? Maybe i missed it but i didnt see one. This sounds fun and informative. I just deleted my Facebook, too. Good thing there are other social networks.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

figured we'd run it through the month

but depends on how soon vicki nails down the prizes maybe end of oct but i think the next 3 weeks should be long wenough

we might simplifyy the scoring a lil too just cause might be a monumental task to track it all lol

ill make a more formal annopuncement an d send out a broadcast email soon as i got it all worked out

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form