Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So many mistakes!

Collette2
@collette2
11 years ago
1 posts
Hi! I've been dreading for 3 years, I didnt know anything about how to do or care for them when I got them done. They were crochet and back combed into existence. I've never had wax in them, I didn't do that part wrong :) since they got done I have been interlocking them to keep them dreading and washing on occasion with dr. Bonners. Now I have big clumps on non dreaded hair that frizz out and seperated roots, two of my dreads fell out. I want to have beautiful dreads but I'm feeling discouraged. Are they saveable or do I need to give up?
updated by @collette2: 01/13/15 09:57:35PM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

If u ever want to give up anything, give up on interlocking and crochet. Undreaded hair is normal and they will eventually form a new dread or be a part of an old one.. Keep washing them regularly and let those crotchet dreads loosen up. I think they will absolutely fine... Dont even mind loops and different shapes, they are just a part of the natural process of dreadlocks and only add more character to your dreads. Good luck :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

just stop the interlocking and crochet leave em alone wash more often (1-3 times a week) maybe with something else (depends on water type)

\

unfortunately the interlocking and crochet has caused permenant problems that you cannot fix

but

by rectifying your behaviors your dreads can grow healthy and happy from this point on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I didn't crochet. But I did back comb a few, TnR a few, interlocks a couple, tie knots in others, palm roll, and root rub.

You aren't alone in having some fall off. I even have a video on my page showing how 1 fell off while I was washing them. It That one fell off 6 years after I last messed with it. So be aware that it might not be over yet. But The ones that I didn't mess with, and the natural sections of the ones that I did mess with are strong.

If you stop messing with now, only the tampered with sections will see any more damage in the future. But the rest will grow out healthy and strong

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form