Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Patience is a virtue

Jon Latta
@jon-latta
11 years ago
4 posts

Hey guys! Just a quick question...So its been over two months since my tnr. No sign that I ever did anything. I realize that everyones hair is different, but what are general guidelines as to when things might start dreading up? I have just embraced walking around lookiing like Charlie Manson, but some day I would love to be able to sport some dreads lol.

NAMASTE

updated by @jon-latta: 01/13/15 09:57:25PM
Jon Latta
@jon-latta
11 years ago
4 posts

To clarify, I know it takes time, I just want to make sure I'm not doing something to hinder the process.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

in your profile pic the hair looks very short

let it grow

take biotin to speed it up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star Mercer
@star-mercer
11 years ago
34 posts

My dreads are over a year old now, and started by TnR. I have very thick hair, but it's relatively straight. It took a good 5-6 months before anyone could even tell I had dreads. Any method you use, aside from actually MAKING your dreads, will only hinder the process. The way I describe it to people is this, when you try to make your hair do something it doesn't want to do, its going to undo everything you did, and start over. I don't even have the same sections as I did when I first started my dreads. Give it time. I know it sucks, but truly embrace your hair, and it's ability to make itself into something beautiful. I still wake up to bad hair days, but pay no attention to it Pay no attention to those people who give dirty looks This is something YOU want.... Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

Your hair will be amazing, on it's own time. :) Good luck!

Jon Latta
@jon-latta
11 years ago
4 posts

Thanks Star! Thats the encouragement that I needed!

Star Mercer said:

My dreads are over a year old now, and started by TnR. I have very thick hair, but it's relatively straight. It took a good 5-6 months before anyone could even tell I had dreads. Any method you use, aside from actually MAKING your dreads, will only hinder the process. The way I describe it to people is this, when you try to make your hair do something it doesn't want to do, its going to undo everything you did, and start over. I don't even have the same sections as I did when I first started my dreads. Give it time. I know it sucks, but truly embrace your hair, and it's ability to make itself into something beautiful. I still wake up to bad hair days, but pay no attention to it Pay no attention to those people who give dirty looks This is something YOU want.... Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

Your hair will be amazing, on it's own time. :) Good luck!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form